Fleets:

Twenty battle fleets each fleet is used by a thirty km long planet killer ships. Each fleet is made up of hundreds of ships ranging in size from twenty km long battle ships to one km long scouts. Small groups of ships will often leave the battle fleet when on missions and then return to the battle fleet later.
FTL: Hyperdrive
A portal or window is forced open into Other Space where speed is only limited by how much power you can put into your engines. Warships can travel across half the galaxy in a few weeks. Trading ships can take months to cross the galaxy going their lower power levels.
Shields: Defence Barriers
One way energy barriers that allow weapons fire out but not in. They can absorb a lot of energy when placed on large ships. Small ships have less powerful shields and therefore and absorb less energy.
Weapons: Plasma Guns
Ships used both bolts and beams of plasma energy. Laser rifles are also common since they are easy to use and repair. Anti-matter is sometimes used for weapons in the form of tornadoes.
Power: Anti-matter
Anti-matter is used to power star ships but planet based power is usually renewable. Most worlds have wind farms and solar power or use geothermal energy to power their cities. Anti-matter is sometimes used for weapons in the form of torpedoes.