1. Riley

Riley^

My mornings consisted of me waking up at 5:00 am and go for a run for an hour before coming back home to shower. Today was no different.

My alarm blared at 4:55 am making me sigh. I turned the alarm off before climbing out of bed and making my way to my bathroom to wash my face and teeth as well as do my morning business.

Once I was done in the bathroom, I returned to my room to change into my running clothes before making my way down the stairs to grab the dogs. All were different breeds.

Carlie was a German shepherd, and my dad's k9 partner even though my dad was a detective. Then there's Montana who is a mix between Doberman and pit bull. Lastly, there's Shadow, who is a Rottweiler. They all got along since they've been raised together since they were puppies.

"Hey boys and girl" I whispered as to not wake my parents and sisters up. The girls were total witches when they wake up before they have to and my dad had just gotten home from work an hour ago and my mom doesn't have to be up for another five hours for work.

Putting the leashes on the three dogs,and as softly as I could, opened the front door and led them out before closing the door behind me. The morning air was crispy a sign that summer was coming to an end.

"Come on," I said as I began to run, once I had my phone placed in the holder around my arm and headphones in, and they followed.

I could feel the sweat begin to cover my face and clothes as I ran down the empty streets of Beech Rd.  The sky began to brighten as the sun began to rise. The sky turned a soft pink blue color and I checked the time on my phone to see that it was already 5:35 am and decided to head back home.

"Come on time to go home," I said calling the dogs who had gone for their own run around the park. They came running back to me when I called them and we headed back home.

As I reached the house I noticed the lights were on making me furrow my brows because I didn't turn them on when I left the house earlier. The closer I got, I also noticed that my dad's car wasn't in the park in the driveway beside my car. Singing I opened the door and found my mom already up.

"Mattina Mamma" I greeted walking in and she smiled (morning mom)

"Dolcezza del mattino" she replied (morning sweetie)

"I'm going to go shower and I'll be down to help you," I said but she shook her head

"Don't worry love, I'm already done. Wake your sisters up when you come down yeah?" She asked and I nodded

"Alright," I said before walking away and up the stairs towards my room. I stripped out of my sweat covered clothes on the way to the bathroom once I locked my bedroom door to keep my mosey sisters out. They tend to just walk into my room just to snipe around for something to use against me but give up when they don't find anything and instead begin to whine about their classmates. Those two are ridiculous.

Shaking my head, I jumped into the steaming water and sighed as the hot water burned and relaxed my muscles. I closed my eyes and let the water cascade down my head and body.

Today was officially the first day of football practice and to be honest I'm excited to get back on the field. One thing that I'm not excited about is seeing Mitch and his buddies.

Grabbing my shampoo bottle I scrubbed my hair before rinsing it off before working in washing my body. Ten minutes later I was out of the fog covered bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist going through my clothes to pick out an outfit for the day.

Settling in a pair of dark blue jeans, a white V-neck and my red Nike shoes, I tossed them on the bed before grabbing a pair of boxers and socks. I dried off quickly and just quickly got dressed. I grabbed my backpack, gym bag, cell phone, and keys before walking out of my room and making my way to the girls' rooms to wake them up.

"WAKE UP OR YOU'RE WALKING TO SCHOOL!" I yelled pounding on their door since they shared a room even though they were 15 and didn't need to. Their logic to them sharing is that they're twins and need to be together at all costs. They're a pair of weirdos but I loved them either way.

"FUCK OFF"

"ASSHOLE!" They yelled at the same time making me roll my eyes

"Suit yourselves" I replied with a shrug and walked away

"Did you wake your sisters?" Mom asked once I reached the dining room and I nodded

"Yeah, I told them to get their butts down or they're walking to school," I said and she sighed

"You always say that but you always end up driving them to school either way." She said and I grinned

"Not today. Today's the first day of football tryouts and since I'm co-captain I need to be there half an hour earlier to help coach pick the new players." I said and she nodded

"Well, I'm sure your sisters will be down soon." She said placing a plate of pancakes covered in syrup with a bowl of fruit, a glass of OJ, bacon and scrambled eggs and toast in front of me and I thanked her before digging in.

~~~~~~~

Tryouts were a bust. None of the kids who had come to try or were good. They either stood frozen in place when they had the ball and were tackled, didn't know how to throw the ball or didn't know the ins and outs of the game. We had to explain it to them a few times and still they didn't get the memo. Only 2 out of the 20 kids that had come out to try out got in. That's just how terrible they had been.

It was now 20 minutes before classes began and I was outside in the front yard tossing the balm with Marcus and Mitch. My back was towards the parking lot so I didn't really know who was behind me. I watched a smirk cover Mitch's features making me narrow my eyes and I watched I was he pulled his arm back and before I knew what he was doing I watched at the ball sailed over my head making me glare at him

"WATCH OUT!" I yelled to a kid that looked familiar and he didn't even have time to react and the ball hit him on the back of the head.

"What the fuck was that for!?" I snarled at the asshole and Mitch just shrugged with a smirk

"He had it coming," he replied simply making me glare at him before running towards the kid and his group of friends.

"Shit, are you alright?" I asked with a worried frown and watched him nod before wincing most likely getting a headache from the hit

"Are you sure? Fuck, I'm sorry that happened," I apologized and he mumbled a 'that's okay' as a guy twice his size helped back up.

"Are you sure you're alright? I was supposed to catch that." I said and he nodded.

"I'm okay, just a small headache that will go away soon," he muttered and I nodded though I wasn't convinced seeing as he didn't look good but let it go.

"Sorry again, hope to see you are around," I mumbled before running back to where Mitch and the rest of the football team were.

The bell rang before I could say anything to Mitch about what just happened and watched as a smirk covered his features and looked to where he was looking and saw the boy he hit with the ball making me frown as fear danced across his features.

Why would he be afraid of Mitch? There's only one way to find out and that's by keeping an eye on him and then I'll make sure that whatever it is, doesn't happen again or he'll be facing the consequences.

an here's the first chapter of the new version let me know what you all think and don't forget to leave a vote/fan and your opinions.

xoxo

~Cx