First Step

TATLUMPO

Ace's Notes:

Start our countdown brides. The last chapters of TSB are almost here. Savannah and Xander will soon bid their goodbyes to all of us.

YES.

I turned the paper and flip it all over again. Nanginginig ang mga kamay ko habang hawak ang papel before I looked at her.

"Yes?"

Ngumiti siya saka tumango.

"Yes." I can't help the grin that almost split my face in half. Tinitigan ko siya before I pulled her and hugged her tight.

"You'll marry me?" I asked her once again. I felt her nod her head. Hinigpitan ko ang yakap ko sa kanya as I kiss her hair. God! I love this woman so much!

Ericka went to me at may inabot siyang maliit na kahon. I smiled at her.

"Customize." She said. I nod. Binitawan ko si Savannah and knelt before her. Our family started yelling and clapping pero wala akong naririnig. I am in my very own bubble with Savannah.

I laughed para mapigilan ang kabang nararamdaman ko. This is the second time and I finally got her yes pero grabe pa rin ang kabang nadarama ko habang binubuksan ko ang kahon ng singsing.

"Grabe ka, nilait mo muna ako bago ka sumagot." I teased her. Namula naman siya ng maalala niya ang mga sinabi niya tungkol sa akin kanina. Pinunas ko ang kamay ko sa hita ko before looking at her eyes.

"Savannah Mikaella Montreal, I love you and I want to spend every waking moment of my life lying next to you. I want to sleep at night with you inside my arms. I want my hair to turn gray with you by my side. I want to grow old with you. Marry me." I opened the box and looked at her.

"Inuutusan mo ako? Bossy." She teased. Tumawa naman ako.

"Well you already said yes."

"That is because I love you so much." She answered. The whole place were filled of ooh's because of what she has said. Kahit ako ay napatahimik sa sinabi niya at bumalik lang ako sa katinuan when she gave me her left ring finger. I put the ring their and kissed it before standing.

"I love you Love." I breathed against her hair. Naramdaman kong niyakap naman niya ako.

"And I too, love you."

Savannah's right. We have to learn first how to crawl before we could learn how to fly and reach our dreams. And now, sabay kaming matututo. Together. Hand in hand. Towards our very own happily ever after.

After a long wait, it is she and I. With a happy ending.

_____________________________________

"Ate, wake up ka na."