Chapter Twelve: Stood up

It's been 3 days since you got shoot in the leg and it was a good day because it was your time to leave the depressing hospital. You get up early and get dresses in the clothes that your mum left you.

You also put on your white converse

You also put on your white converse. It was hard because the doctors gave you crutches and you couldn't walk properly. Your mum was going to drive you home but you said that you would stay outside of the hospital because you were waiting for Peter. You texted him to pick you up at 10am but he didn't answer yet. It was Saturday but he knew that it was your last day in the hospital, you texted him multiple times but he still didn't answer. You waited there for 2 hours like an idiot with your crutches on the floor beside you but he still didn't show. You had enough so you walked home alone, your house was really far from the hospital but you didn't wanna call your mum. You were 10 minutes from your house and your legs began to hurt. You felt so scared, you didn't wanna get hurt again.

You arrive home and you walk inside your house. "Hey sweetie, where's Peter" you see your mum smiling. "He didn't show" you could see the shock on her face, she was so mad. She could see the tears in your eyes, you walked up to her and placed your crutches on the ground and cuddled up to her. You were crying, she rubbed your hair back to try to make you feel better but it didn't work at all. Then you started to fell a little bit better because this is the first time in ages your sat down next to your mum and gave her a hug. You were still crying but then you stopped at fell asleep.

You wake up 10 minutes later and you fell asleep on the couch. You see that your mom left you, you get up and see a note on the table.

Sorry Lucy, but I had a call from work saying I had to come in. Money on the counter for food. Xx

You get off the couch, grab your crutches and go to the bathroom to have a bath. You were lucky that your house was big, there was a small bath downstairs but it will do. As you were going in the bath you placed a bath bomb inside the bath, you wanted to be calm. Time passed and you were still in the bath, you wanted to get out but your leg hurt so bad. You didn't know what to do, you slowly grabbed your towel and put it around you. You also grabbed your crutches and walked out, you were by the stairs and you needed to get up there to get some clothes. The only way to do it was to sit on your ass and climb up. You didn't hesitated for one minute, you didn't wanna feel like a useless girl who has a cast on because she got shot. You wanted to go out, have fun and still be the old Lucy but with this shitty looking thing on your leg. Eventually you were on the landing and you could see your bedroom, you leg was hurting so much but you had to do it. You finally reached your room and you face planted your bed. You were so happy, you finally achieve something with this cast on. You laid there for a few minutes and got up to get dressed. You didn't want to wear something that looked big, so you just put on a cream jumper with some black leggings. It was an oversize jumper and you liked it because you liked how the arms were long so that they can cover your hands. After that you got your straighteners and straightened your hair. Before going down stairs you ordered pizza for you and George, you grabbed your crutches and went down stairs by sitting on your ass and sliding down carefully.

It has been 15 minutes and your were down stairs with George sitting on the couch waiting for the pizza delivery man. In the meantime you were watching videos of superheroes, George loves them and one day he wishes to meet on. As you were watching videos, the door knocked, you walked to the door with the money in your hand thinking that it was the pizza delivery man. You opened the door and saw a tall man, with curly hair and brown eyes. It was... Peter