My Mistakes

Zane's POV:
I was always quite the troublemaker, the outcast, the loser. I was always just pushed around by everyone, I was always someone's shadow. I felt the need to rebel against everything and everyone, so I pushed everyone out of my way. A few nights I would sneak out and hang out with the people that I had called "friends" they would gets drinks that we shouldn't have been drinking, we were stealing, and the worst of all, we were putting ourselves into danger. One day as I was about to sneak out, my brother Garroth caught me and he warned me that what I was doing was wrong and that I should be more careful. I didn't listen to him because I was just mad, I pushed him out of the way and yelled at  him that he doesn't know what's best for me and that if he was truly a good brother, he would support me. I remember the shocked, disappointed look on his face. As I was walking out of the door, Garroth took my arm and I will never forget what he said. He told me, " If you do this..then you are not my brother!" and I saw tears running down his face and what I said...was not forgivable, "You were never my brother!" 

That night, my friends and I all met by a railroad. They were throwing rocks and drinking, but I just sat there watching them until one of them shouted, "Hey Zane, I dare you to play in the railroad!" 

I didn't mind because it was late and there weren't any trains that would be here right now. As I walked on to the tracks I looked at them and said, "OH MY IRENE I'M ON THE RAILROAD!" in the most sarcastic way possible. They got a laugh out of that and as I was about to get off, a car went driving by like they were speeding and I assume they were drunk drivers, but then...

They hit me...

I remember a long moment of darkness...was I...dead? As I was finally believing I was dead I felt an awakening shock and I woke up and I was breathing hard and I was in so much pain. I looked around and the the doctors and surgeons with a defibrillator. As I was awoken, they had given me pain medicine and some other medicine that had caused me to sleep. 

The next day I woke up and I looked around as much as possible, but I had a neck cast, my arms had casts, and my legs had casts, why didn't they just put me in a full body cast! I felt mad..mad at whoever hit me, but mostly mad at myself. I wanted to cry. When I was laying there, I heard a familiar voice..Garroth and he said," Zane...I warned you!" He started crying and I started crying and I said, "I'm sorry! I need you Garroth! You're my older brother!" Garroth choked up and shook his head and said,"Zane...you...you don't listen. You must help yourself! You will never learn from me! You nearly died!" Garroth then started walking out the hospital and I tried to get up and I was mad and sad and I was hurt and I was yelling for him to come back but then he left...

He never came back...

I was alone...