Chapter 4: Let The Lies Begin

Start from the beginning

Louis was cut off by a loud feminine scream and someone bursting through the door. What the fuck? I shielded my eyes and upper body from the intruder by grabbing Louis' small body and pulling him in front of me. Louis yelled as well, tossing his arms around me like a baby. I think we might have sat there in that grasping-onto-each other position for a few seconds before the yelling and screaming stopped.

My eyes grazed up, searching the room for whoever the bloody hell just scared the shit out of me. With a hint of amusement, my eyes met Zayn's. He was standing in a fighting position while holding a long, brown object in his hands. It didn't take very long to realize that the long object was a baseball bat. His golden-hazel pools looked shocked and paralyzed with fear. I guess as instinct, I was the first one to laugh.

"What the bloody hell were you doing, mate?!" Louis asked, clutching his heart to show how scared he was at Zayn's random outburst. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry," Zayn mumbled while dropping the bat down to his side. "We heard Harry screaming. Niall and Liam thought you lads could use my help so they sent me in here."

I continued laughing. "You scared the hell out of us!"

"Sorry." A smile was slowely forming on the apologetic boys' face.

I turned around, not wanting to finish my conversation with Louis, and decided to join Niall and Liam back in the other room. Besides, they're all awake now, anyway. Louis' bright blue eyes were burning into the flesh on my neck; I could just feel it. I didn't dare to turn around and meet his eyes, though.

I sat down in the seat beside Liam and yawned.

"Where the hell did you get a baseball bat from on a plane?" Louis questioned, sitting beside Zayn in the booth across from us. Liam, Niall, and I all snickered. Eck, I don't even feel comfortable saying his name anymore. I just feel weird. Niall and I are only friends and that's all we ever will be.

Zayn shrugged. "You'd be surprised at what I find in Paul's bags."

"If we really were being attacked, we'd be dead before your scary self would come to rescue us," Louis joked, nudging Zayn's shoulder. I could tell that they were both still a little tensed up from the scare, but were trying to hide it. My eyes roamed down and I fiddled with my fingers. I don't want to look at Louis anymore. One, for being so stupid. Two, for not realizing that I only want him.

"He's the Bradford Bad Boi, though!" Niall insisted with his infectious laugh. I tried to block him out. I don't want to hear him, look at him, touch him, or be within ten feet of him anymore. It is just too weird.

"Of course he is," Liam said from beside me, laughing along with Niall, which only made me grimace. I hate that I can't ever get away sometimes. I love being with the boys; they're my brothers now. I just want a short little break sometimes, and now would be a great time for one. Of course I can't do that, though, unless I want to plumit out of this plane to my death... That isn't an option.

So I layed my head back onto the conforting warmth of the seat and let myself drift off to sleep.

[ Niall's POV ]

Why isn't Harry laughing at Louis? Why is Louis all of a sudden so giddy? Why am I the only one who noticed that? Normally Harry would be the one to laugh at our jokes the most or be so outgoing and in the conversation. So why not now? I know, I sound so over-protective, but Harry is like my little brother. The other lads and I would give him the world if he asked for it.

I would ask him what's wrong with his mood, but he might get all pissy and go off on me again, and that's the last thing I want to happen again. To be honest, I'm still kind of upset about that. There really was no need for yelling at me; after all, I didn't do anything.

I know Harry likes Louis. I can just tell by the way he acts and looks at the Doncaster boy. I can see it in his amazing green eyes. Wait... I don't necessarily mean amazing... I just meant... Nice. Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Harry has nice eyes. Not that I always look or anything, because I don't. But if I did, I'd say they were amazing... They aren't amazing, though. They're just nice, like I said.

Man, what the hell is wrong with me?

---

BOOM! That was that chapter.

So, it is officially illegal for you not to comment on this. Seriously. I talked to the 1D FanFic Police and everything... They exist... I'm not lying...

This story and Let It Snow are nominated in a 1D FanFic contest, so please vote for them? Voting ends June 15th, this Friday. I mean, you don't have to, but... Wait, yes you do. The 1D FanFic Police said so! So now you have to. Ahaha, the link is on my message board.

- Maddie xx