Chapter 6

Jay's POV

Everyone went upstairs to rest. I had a great time having to meet Eric's mate and everyone else. So far, the werewolves became fond of me. Better than earlier, even Alec loosened up from the thought of me and apologized for their sudden actions. I was glad, but all it needed was time.

Speaking of time.. Eric was able to know what's been going on with my life and I kind of found out what I missed with his.

He'll continue later on to tell me more about him. But his mate, Janine. She was very kind and beautiful. Her eyes were the perfect caramel brown, her straight dark brown hair, she was at least 3 inches taller than me, she was just so beautiful.

It was 5 am and I'm surprised I'm not even tired. I walked outside and sat by the porch, looking up at the stars and the moon. I stared at them all carefully, but my eyes starts to blur with my tears starting to appear and take over.

I sighed and blinked, wiping my tears away.

This whole day was just filled with so many coincidence. Sometimes I even wonder if I even deserve having my family back after leaving them without looking back.

All of this still hasn't changed my mind with hunting those horrible people, but at the same time.. It's been 8 years, search after search and nothing.

After being alone for those cold nights, crying before I sleep, and trying my best to not think of them made me feel so empty.

But now I'm having them back, little by little. Is it worth giving up that revenge? Is it worth it having to stay with my family who wants me to stay?

I leaned against the wooden pillar and more tears began to fall. I heard a knock on the door and I quickly wiped my eyes, but didn't turn back. I kept looking at the stars and felt someones weight beside me on the staircase.

"You alright there?" He asked and I looked at him to see Steven.

"I thought you were Eric for a second hah.." I chuckled and continued, "why are you not sleeping yet?"

He shrugged, "I couldn't sleep. I was gonna get a drink, but I heard you out here."

I nodded and and back to looking up at the sky. In the corner of my eye, I see him go down on another step to look up to where I was looking.

"Why were you crying?" I looked at him and avoided eye contact.

"What are you-"

"Don't even bother lying. Plus, I'm not an idiot. Come on, what's wrong?" He nudged and switched his body position to face me.

"I don't like expressing myself all that much. Just putting it out there."

"Well I'm here. You told me your past, why not how you feel?" He tilted his head towards me.

I opened my mouth and closed it again, not knowing what to say.

I sighed and scrunched my nose at him, giving a chuckle. I looked at him while he patiently waited for me to speak. One more sigh that cane out of my nostrils, I faced my body towards him as I leaned back and crossed my arms.

"Fine."

"Good." He gave a smirk at me and I rolled my eyes playfully.