Chapter 11

Jay's POV

I looked at Steven, not knowing what to think. I've felt the same way as he did for these couple of days.

It was fast sure, but at the same time, I never really knew when the right time was. But today, it felt right being with him. I never felt more comfortable with a guy who's more than just a friend.

He held my hand and we intertwined fingers. We walked inside to the living room to find all the guys and girls eyes on us. Some looked surprised and the other half looks happy. I felt my cheeks heat up, not liking the attention.

"Well look at the two love birds." James said winking at Steven.

"You guys look cute together!" Janine said excitedly.

"Eh." Xander replied as he puts his attention on his phone.

I chuckled and saw Sophia come down the stairs and saw us. She looked down at our hands and she gave a small smile as she ran up to us and gave us a big hug.

"I'm so happy for you two." She said quietly.

Her hug was very tight and her voice didn't sound so happy. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling curious.

She pulled away and looked at me straight in me eyes. They looked worried, I gave a comforting smile and nodded slightly as a sign of me telling her 'not to worry.' She relaxed a bit and her eyes began to show happiness.

The door opened and a guy that looked about 5'8, amber eyes, broad shoulders, black v-neck shirt that fits perfectly on his body, loose faded jeans,  flippy light brown hair, and he has a tattoo on his forearm with initials.

"I'm back!" He yelled with his deep and huge smile that shows his pearly white teeth.

Everyone ran to him asking him how he was and how it was nice seeing him. Eric greeted last and they did a hand shake, "how you been Joey?" He asked him.

'Oh that's Joey?' I thought.

There are so many guys in this house that I have to memorize their names. I'm almost there, but more people keep coming in that I have never met. They all communicated for awhile and half of us just watched them.

After being bored, I let go of Steven's hand and decided to put my long hair into a messy bun.

It seems like my movement caught Joey's attention and decided he walk up to Steven and I, along with Eric behind him.

He reached out his hand, "I'm Joey, you are?" 

"I'm Jay." I held his hand to shake it, but instead he held it still and bent down to kiss the back of my hand.

I looked at him surprisingly, for it to be the first time that's ever happened. I heard two growls and I took my hand away fast as I looked at both Steven and Eric.

He looked at both of them too and was confused, "don't do that to my little sister." Eric warned.

He looked at Eric and I before he got even more confused in the moment. I laughed a little in the process and felt Steven's hands snake around my waist, wrapping his arms around me protectively. Joey looked at the three of us finally solving it.

"Huh, mates and your missing little sister?" He asked pointing at me.

"Yeah." Steven said.

"Ah so you're the famous huntress? Steven, my man, I didn't think you'd be mates with a huntress. You be careful with that one." He joked and chuckled.

I looked up at Steven with a smirk on his face and nodded. He looked down at me, kissing my cheek.

'Mates? I'm his mate?' I was confused. Was it possible to have a mate that's human? Why didn't he tell me anything about that? I'm his mate?