Chapter 7

Steven's POV

I kept looking into her beautiful eyes and she hasn't said a word, but also found her to look into my eyes. I blinked a few times and realized what I said which made me break our eye contact.

"I'm sorry about that.." I muttered and looked up at the sky again, feeling my cheeks heat up a bit.

I heard her giggle, "don't be sorry. I actually found that sweet."

I looked at her again and she smiled. She moved down the stairs to sit next to me and she laid her head down on my shoulder. I gave a huge smile and wrapped an arm around her then began lean back on the staircase. She scooted in closer to me, not leaving any spaces between us.

She snaked her arm around my waist,"thank you for listening and for being there for this night."

"Don't be surprise if I'm always here for you." I hugged her back tighter.

She ended up mumbling to herself that I could barely understand. I waited for her to respond properly, but nothing came out. It was dead silent, but I felt her breathing become so calm.

I looked down on her and lifted her face up to see her peacefully sleeping. I shook my head and chuckled.

I carefully snaked my free arm under her legs and carried her bridal style and brought her inside of the house.

When I walked upstairs, she snuggled herself more towards my chest and I decided to walk a bit slower so that I do not to wake her up.

Once we got to her room, I gently set her back on her bed. I put the cover sheets on top of her body and just sat on the edge of her bed, admiring her beautiful face as she slept.

I gently caressed her cheek for second and went up to her hair, gently stroking it. That's when I began to notice her angelic face and studied the way her long caramel brown hair went into these smooth waves, the way her eyelashes would curve nicely, and her perfect baby pink lips, goddess she was just so beautiful.

'She's so beautiful huh Steven?' My wolf, William, said in awe.

'She sure is Will..'

I smiled and as I was about to stand up and leave, she grabbed my arm and hugged it. I looked at her curiously to find her sleeping, yet she still managed to do this.

I began wiggling myself slowly and carefully for it to be set free, but I stopped as soon as she started to speak.

"Stay- stay here with meeee.." She mumbled sleepily and kept pulling on my arm.

I chuckled at her actions and took off my shoes, "fine. I'll stay here for the night." She replied with a snore.

I got on the bed and went under the covers. She turned herself around and faced me before going very close to me. Her arm dragging itself across my chest and rested her hand in between my neck and shoulder while her leg moved up and rested on top of my legs. I stared at the ceiling then at her and just wrapped my arms around her.

"Good night Jay." I whispered and kissed her on the forehead before, I myself began to drift off to sleep, with her next to me.

-- Next Morning --

I woke up with the sun rays peeking through the curtains. I blinked my eyes a few times and stared at the window. I looked up at the clock to see it was already the afternoon.

I stretched in bed and closed my eyes again, rolling myself and reached my arm out to find out no one was next to me. I opened my eyes again to see the pillow placed beside me.