Chapter 39

Kristoffer's POV

We just watched her leave with a blink of an eye. Her speed was as fast for us because once Hunter and I looked outside the window, she was nowhere in sight.

"She just left.." Hunter whispered as I glanced at him for a quick moment.

"I'm gonna find her." I said and was about to jump out the window, but a voice stopped me from doing so.

"What's with all the ruckus up here."

I turned around and saw Eli, wiping his hand with a brown cloth and I looked at Hunter who gave a sad expression towards Eli.

"Jay left. She jumped out the window and vanished." Hunter explained.

"What? Why?" He asked in a panic and ran towards the window.

"She saw and heard everything down the basement. She's hurt really bad and decided to leave, but she left on a bad term." Eric explained, his expression was more broken and felt guilty.

"Her eyes.. It glowed into this silver, golden, and black thing. It's not something I've ever seen for a hybrid." Hunter whispered as Eli looked at him. He wasn't that surprised.

I looked at him confused, "what.? You mean you've seen more than one hybrid?"

He looked at me and nodded, "when I was a kid, there's these sort of scientists. They did many things to create different kinds of hybrids. It never really worked so well since some of the hybrids won't even live for a day."

"Scientists?? What? How do you know of this?" Steven questioned.

"I roamed around when I was child. There's this warehouse awhile back that kept mortals and immortals in their lab. I'd peek through the windows that they had and watched. It was horrible." He whispered.

"What sort of hybrids were they?" Gabriel questioned feeling intrigued.

"I'm not even sure.. They were beasts. Their eyes are most likely glowing the way Jay's eyes were.. Except their eyes were blood shot red."

"Well that's because of her Legacy blood Hunter. Legacy blood usually has the eyes that were very bright. The silver eyes you've seen was how it looked. The rest, golden and black you said?" He furrowed his eyebrows together as Hunted nodded his head.

"Yeah I can't explain it, but they were layered.."

"That must've been her wolf side.." he whispered, "she is her own alpha of her own kind. Is she powerful?"

We nodded, "part of the Legacy blood collided with werewolf blood creates that powerful force. But what made you say she's an Alpha? She is her own kind of hybrid, but the Legacy blood made her powerful than a werewolf? I think?" Eric said unsure.

Eli nodded, "you are partly correct. The werewolf blood in her system also makes her powerful, twice as strong actually. Her mother, Robin was the Alpha's daughter. She's the first born. The position will be passed onto her making her an Alpha if she wasn't killed."

I raised my eyebrows up, "how do you know this??"

He looked at me and gave a small smile, "her mother was my best friend and my older brothers wife. Yes, I knew what she was and I was able to accept it. She was my brother and I's precious secret. But other than that, I'll send my men to find Jay." He looked towards Gabriel and Warren as they nodded heads, leaving us while they communicated with more men. Possibly from outside.

We all looked confused, but we never said anything. But the silence was broken by a loud grumbling noise from outside, high above all of us.

Eric's movement had caught my attention as he went close to the broken window, stepping onto the shattered pieces of glass. He began staring through the distance.