Secret uncovered and a word with the queen

Previously:

Marco's POV
I heard her final words. Before I could say anything, I saw the only thing I had left collapsing. As soon I saw I started running to her. The rest of the group started catching up. I stood where she was and slid down to the rocky, dusty road of the fair.
"STAR!!" I screamed in pain and worried.
I put her on my lap. Her body was limb. I thought of the worst. I looked at her cheeks. The hearts were so close. They did crack a bit more, but just one little piece was holding them together.
"Star come on wake up please....wake up." I cried.

Marco's POV

My heart pounded a million times per second. Hot tears stained my burning red eyes. Everyone around me was worried as well. We were trying to wake up Star hoping she was just stressed out from our messed up plan. I looked at her purse, opened it and I started searching for the dimensional scissors.
"Found them." I said to myself.
"Janna cut a portal to Mewni now!" I commanded.
She did as she was told. Ferguson helped me with Star and Jackie helped Janna with the portal. Everyone went through and I was the last one to go in with Star wrapped up, secure in my arms.
"King And Queen butterfly please we need your help please!" I yelled.
Suddenly Star's parents came in running. I will never forget the faces they made when they saw their precious daughter in my arms.
"Oh no Star!? What's wrong with my daughter?" The Queen pleaded.
"Miss we were all at a fair and Star and all of us got into a rough situation and well i guess it lead up to the point that Star couldn't take it any longer and well....all this happened. We're very sorry this is happening to her and both of you." Jackie admitted.
Both parents took in every detail given very seriously. "I see, it's not your fault entirely I understand and thank you for informing us. Here bring her into her room. Marco you know the way. I'll call a doctor." Moon stated as she ran to find a doctor.
I lead my friends to Star's room even though it was only Jackie that has never came to Mewni before. Janna opened the door and we entered the dark-dim, cold room. Jackie helped me with the sheets and I set the cheeked princess down on her bed. We wrapped her in the warm blankets and waited for the doctor to arrive with Star's parents.

~Le time skip~

I checked my phone to see the time. 6:56, ugh what was taking them so long. It's almost been half an hour. I looked around the room seeing everyone on the ground or on a chair. I looked at Star. She looked at peace as if this is what she wanted. I walked over to her bed and sat at the edge. I took a look at her cheek marks and I hoped that she would get better. All of a sudden the door opened. Everyone turned the heads over to the opening and saw the king and Queen with a medic. I slid from the bed and stood. They whispered to each other quietly. The doctor checked her heart rate, pulse, breathing, especially her cheek marks. She then led the parents outside her door and they shut it closed. I looked at everyone else and they all looked at me with worried faces. I turned back to Star continued to look at her.
"Ahem I'm sorry to intrude but can you all meet me in the royal library please? I would like to give my daughter some alone time for the time being." The Queen ordered.
We all left the room and started walking to the library. Thankfully one of the maids was guiding us or else we would've never found our way. We made our way inside and we waited. After a few minutes Queen Moon came in and guided us to the center of the room.
"Ummm......well as you all know, Star is not well. See the thing is that...Star is very close to....death." She hesitated.
I could see her building up the tears in her eyes. I looked at everyone else seeing shocked expressions and even some watery eyes.
She continued,"I'm sure she has told you about her condition right??"
We all shook our heads. She face palmed.
"Ohh dear then. Well Star is sick and there is a chance of her dying especially even more now because of the state she's in. If her cheeks crack, well you know what happens." She confessed trying to hold in the tears.
My heart started to pound. She can't die. No I won't let it happen. Not now not ever. I never noticed until now that tears were running down my face. I looked up with sadness and asked,"Is there any way we can help her?"
"I...I don't think so. There is no cure. Well no one has ever experienced this before. I'm sorry." Moon finished.
We all excused ourselves out but the Queen held me back.
"Marco? Can you stay? I would like to have a word with you please." She asked.
I started to get nervous. I walked toward her and she led me to the garden.

In the garden~

We sat down near the fountain and she stared. The moment was awkward until she spoke.
"You know Marco, Star has told me many things about you." She smiled.
"R-really??" I asked surprised.
"Mhmm. She says that your an amazing person and that your her best friend. Most importantly, her whole world. Marco I know it must be tough with all this drama but no matter what she'll always fight for you. I know she will. I get that you two haven't been true to each other lately and everything but she is still in there...somewhere. She loves you very much. I just hope that she'll get better soon. I don't know what I would do without my...my only..c-child." Moon cried.
I patted her back. I felt bad for her. If Star does die, she won't have a child. I can't imagine what she's going through. Seeing her only daughter slowly dying. Who would rule this kingdom? Who will go on adventures with me, who will I share my nachos with? Just imagining the situation would kill my scared heart.
*sigh* "I-I'm so sorry Marco. I usually don't act like this." Moon sighed.
"N-no it's ok really. It's ok to be emotional especially right now. I'll also be there for Star no matter what happens....well I should get back to my friends." I replied.
"Of course. Take care Marco. Star is very lucky to have someone like you." She finished.
I gave a nod and started walking back to Star's room. As I walked towards the door I kept thinking about what Star's mother confessed to me. Did Star actually say that? I'm her whole world? I gave a small smile. I opened the door and my friends all looked at me.
"So? What did she say to you? Is she gonna rip your intestines out?" Janna exclaimed.
We all stared at her in disgust.
"Umm one eww your too gory and two no but she just told me on what Star thought of me that's it." I discussed.
I went to Star and stoked her hair again.
"Well I guess we should call it a day. It's been stressful for all of us." Jackie suggested.
"Y-ya we should. I'll turn off the lights. Good night everyone." I agreed.
I went to the switch and turned off the lights. I looked at Star. I sighed.
"I promise that I will never hurt you. You are my world Star. I love adventures but I also like keeping you safe more Star. (Ahem recognize that line from somewhere anyone😏) Hope you get better Star. Good night." I whispered.

"H-hello? Anyone there?"

AAANNNNNDDDD I WILL LEAVE YOU THERE GUYS CAUSE IM CRUEL😂😏😎 So as you know it's been a while since I've updated but THANK GOD I'M ON THANKSGIVING BREAK PEOPLE. I'll explain more on an update which will also be posted today. Well until next time.
🌸🌸Jennifer..........ooooooouuuuuuuuutttttttttttt🌺💫