Forgiveness and finally spending time/talks

Previously~

"Don't worry, when you wake up and your ready to come back I promise I will never be a jerk to you and leave you behind. I'll do whatever it takes for you to be cured." Once again I kissed her forehead and walked back to where I sitting before and drifted off to sleep.

Marco's POV

It was the next day and I woke up to see no Star in her bed or in the room. Everyone else was sleeping, so I decided to leave the room and get some fresh air and find Star. I looked through the whole castle and still there was no sign of Star. I started to worry. I went outside into the garden and there I found what I was looking for. She had her her legs up to her stomach and her head was buried inside her legs. She looked very pale and she was...crying? I went up to her and tapped her shoulder. The blond looked up and I saw that her hearts were still  cracked while her eyes weren't bright sapphire-crystal blue eyes anymore. They looked blueish-grayish now.
"Um....hey Star" I hesitated.
Silence
"Are you ok?" I asked.
Nothing, not one word. I became guilty thinking that she must be really angry and annoyed with me right now. I looked down and stated,"Look I get that you want to see me right now and everything but Star, the only thing I have to say is that.....I'm super sorry." I was about to start walking when I heard a voice.

Star's POV

Dark...that's what I felt inside. Like if my life had been turned upside down and ruined forever. I felt lost. I had woken up pretty early than anyone else so I decided to sneak outside. While I was outside in the gardens I was thinking about everything that had happened. It was confusing. Nothing made sense. My memories didn't seem to make me feel anything. Well my memories with Marco in this case. It didn't feel right. I felt different. I sat on the fountain and looked at my reflection. Morning came and I was still in the garden but now crying a bit. I was suddenly interrupted by someone. I looked up and saw that it was Marco? I didn't speak. There was no need to. He spoke again and I said nothing once more. Then with his final words he confessed. He actually apologized. Should I accept or deny it. He looked like he was trying but I was then brought back to my memories. What he said and did was hurtful. Did he really deserve another yes to another apology? He started walking back and I knew I had to give him an answer so I stood up and said,"W-wait!"
He looked back and stared at me with his shocked brown eyes.
"What y-you said about me was unforgivable." I stated. He looked down and probably took it as a no. "But...Marco, your still my best friend and it's not your fault for not knowing what I was feeling. So my answer is a...yes, I accept your apology Marco."
He looked at me shockingly yet happy. He ran up and gave me a tight hug. I was a bit surprised at first but hugged back but not with a smile as usual. There was only one thing that wasn't the same. I still felt broken. Even though Marco an I were on good terms in a way I still wasn't sure of this. I couldn't trust him for now. It was finally time for all of us to head back to Earth. We all said our goodbyes and went through the portal.

The next day

It was the next day and Marco an I were walking to school. It was quiet but that didn't matter right now. Once we got there my heart dropped instantly. Jackie came up and her and Marco hugged. I felt that feeling again. Since I didn't want to cause anymore drama I went inside the school now feeling broken once more.

Marco's POV

I was happy to see Jackie but it didn't feel right this time. I looked to see where Star was but she was gone. She must have felt left out and went inside. We separated and I head off to class. The day went fast and before you knew it, school was over. I decided to take in what Janna said and I wanted to do a full on movie marathon with her like old times. I ran up to catch up with her and asked,"Hey Star! Wait up!"
She looked up and replied,"Oh um hey Marco. What is it?"
That was weird. She wasn't acting like her go lucky-bubbly self like usual. I brushed it off my mind and asked,"Well I was thinking if you would like to do a movie marathon tonight?"
She stared at me without emotion and after a few minutes she finally answered,"Um sure why not."
"Great" I finished.
We walked home again not saying one word to each other. When we entered the house Star ran upstairs while I decided to start making Star's favorite food, nachos.

~~Le time skip~~

Everything was prepared. Star came down and decided to help me put all the food on the coffee table. Once everything was setup we sat down and the movie began. I was really enjoying but it didn't feel right. There was something missing. Star, she was missing. She was being very quiet. I turned to look at her and saw that she was curled up into a ball and she had a frown on her face.
"Woah, hey what's wrong?" I asked.
"Huh-oh um nothing, nothing is wrong." Star stated.
"Lier. You were looking sad and not even paying attention to the movie. What's wrong Star?" I asked again.
"I-it doesn't matter." She said.
"Of course it matters Star. I worry about you..a lot." I admitted.
"Y-you do" Star questioned.
"Of course I do and always will." I answered.

Star's POV

I felt that feeling again. It was sweet yet it made me feel awkward at the same time. I started to blush a little thankfully it was dark so Marco didn't notice. Suddenly I felt something touch my shoulder. I tensed at the action. It felt weird but right.
"Oh um sorry I didn't mean to make you feel weird." Marco said bashfully.
"Oh no, no, no it's alright. I..I liked it." I whispered now fully red.
Marco immediately turned red from that comment.
"Come here." Marco cooed.
He bought me into his arms and I felt safe. We stayed like that for the rest of the night. Maybe I could do this. Maybe I could actually control my emotions and maybe even- NO STAR. Quit thinking those things.
The next day

It was Saturday and it was ok. I heard a knock at my door and opened it.
"Hey Marco what's up?" I asked.
"Well I was wondering if you would like to...talk." Marco answered.
"Umm talk?" I asked in confusion.
"I don't know anything. Sooo..ya or na?" He asked.
"Um sure come in." I finished.
He came in and we sat on my bed.
"Sooo what do ya wanna talk about?" I asked.
"I wanna talk about last week." He said sternly.
I blushed. Last week was a disaster. Never thought Marco would be the one to break the ice like that.
"Well what do you want to know?" I asked him.
"Well for starters, why do you like me?" He replied.
I was shocked. Why out of all the things he could've asked, why did he have to ask that.
"Um well I-I like you be-because *sigh* well because your smart, kind, helpful, caring, funny, really cute, and well just a really amazing friend. Honestly you're the first person who has actually taken me seriously and has been there for me no matter what. I guess that's why I started to well you know." I confessed.
I looked at him and he had his jaw dropped a little. His eyes were gleaming with happiness. He could be so adorable sometimes.
"W-wow! No one has ever said that about me. I-I don't know what to say." He stuttered.
I giggled. I can't believe he was lost for words! "You don't have to say anything. Just remember that no matter what I'll always have your back even if you don't feel the same, I'll still help you with anything Marco."
"Thanks Star. I'm really sorry that I can't accept your feelings. Really I am." He replied.
"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. Besides, that's why they call it a crush." I commented.
"Dang Star that was....deep." He exclaimed.
"Whatever, friends?" I asked.
"Best friends." He concluded.
We got up from my bed and gave each other a big warm hug. Although my hearts were still cracked, I was starting to feel that maybe things would get better. Just as long as I control my emotions. What's the worse thing that can happen?

And there it is guys. I am SOO sorry that I haven't updated. The thing is that I was busy and had a bit of writers block. Also I went to an amusement park called Knotts Berry Farm last Saturday sooo that was fun. Then on Sunday was my sis's birthday so shout out to her. I will try to update sooner but until next time guys.🌸🌸Jennifer......ooouuuutttttt🌺🌺💫💫