Checkups and sad news

Previously:

"Whatever, friends?" I asked.
"Best friends." He concluded.
We got up from my bed and gave each other a big warm hug. Although my hearts were still cracked, I was starting to feel that maybe things would get better. Just as long as I control my emotions. What's the worse thing that can happen?

Marco's POV

It was late so Star and I decided to go to sleep. I went into my room  and layer on my my bed thinking about what Star said to me earlier. It was really sweet what she said but it wasn't possible. And even if we had a chance, in the end I would never be with her for the rest of her life. She's a princess after all. She deserves better than being with a person like me. But at the same time was it worth being with Jackie? I mean ya of course I like her but is it as strong as I think it is? Ugh why is life so complicated?  I went inside my sheets and attempted to go to sleep.

Star's POV

I had poured my heart out to my best friend. Was it really worth it to keep waiting for him? It's almost been 4 months since they started dating. Should I give up and move on? After all there is the fact that our relationship wouldn't even work out. Besides I'm way out of his league. And even if they do eventually split, he'll just find another girl and do the same thing all over again. I don't want to have this pain. I mean look what it caused. My hearts are cracked and any bad emotion could crack these in a second. I had to make a choice, and that choice is that I will move on. Starting...tomorrow.

The next day

I woke up and remembered what I said yesterday. I had to try and move on. I got dressed and went downstairs to see Marco, and Mr & Mrs.Diaz sitting at the table.
"Oh hello Star just in time to eat. Come and sit down." She suggested.
I did what I was told and sat down and started to eat. It was a bit awkward this time. Instead of me taking glances at Marco every now and then HE was the one taking glances of me instead but I did the opposite and didn't stare at him one bit. After we finished we all cleaned up and I was about to go upstairs when suddenly someone grabbed me by the shoulder.
"H-hey what gives?" I asked annoyed.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad." Marco apologized.
"Ohh its you. Na it's ok. Anyways what's up?" I asked.
"Well I was wondering if you'd want to go to the park with me to you know just chill out?" He invited.
This was a bit weird. He wasn't nervous to the fact that I told him how I felt? Whatever. "Sure why not let me just grab my wand and we can go ok?" I answered.
"Sure I'll be down here waiting." He replied.
I grabbed my wand and we left the house. It was a quick walk considering that the park was only a few blocks away. We decided to sit under a tree. I leaned my back on the wood while Marco lied down on the grass. It was a bit windy but I didn't mind.

~~Le time skip~~

Marco's POV

It's been around an hour and so far everything was going well. Well...until Star's phone rang. She picked it up and it was her mom calling in to tell her that she had to go to Mewni for a few minutes to see how she was doing with her "illness". Unfortunately I had to stay home so I could finish up my homework. I thought of when it was breakfast and I was staring at Star. She looked like she was forcing herself to not look at anyone. What was she planning? Is she keeping something from me again? Did I make her upset or something? I decided to focus on my homework again and in hours time I was finished so I went downstairs and watched tv.

Star's POV

I went through the portal and walked into the throne room. There stood my mom and a doctor. They led me to my room and I sat down on my bed. She examined my eyes, nose, mouth, and finally my cheeks. Once she had completed everything, she brought my mother over to a corner and they whispered things. I continued to sit confused to what was going on. The doctors said her goodbyes and left. It was just me and my mom and she sat down looking at me. She touched my light blond hair and began to stroke it. I was still confused. She looked confused like me but concerned.
"Mom tell me, what's going on?" I asked sternly.
She looked at me with now tears formed in her eyes.
"O-oh Star I'm so sorry b-but the truth is that...there might be a chance that you..won't make it." She cried.
I was shocked. What does she mean not making it? Does she mean-oh no.
"Are y-you saying that I'm going to....die?" I asked now forming tears.
"W-well the thing is, we don't know the cure for this. No one knows how to fix cracked cheek marks. And even if there was a cure, your hearts are too cracked to probably even fix them. They could break off at any second." She stated.
I started crying. There was no spell, or antidote to fix this. I was gonna die all because I let my emotions get the better of me. My mother hugged me tightly that night and I didn't hold back. We cried. My father heard what was wrong with me and we all cried. It was time for me to return home. To think that maybe, just maybe I would be able to actually come through all of this, I was running out of time. I opened a portal and walked through it. I was in my room and thought about everything. I can't tell Marco. He would be devastated. It would ruin everything between us and...Jackie. They were still together. If he knew he would leave Jackie just to spend more time with me and I don't want to be the reason why they broke up. I know we said no more secrets but there was no other option. I couldn't tell him. I heard a knock and fixed myself up so the person wouldn't see me.

Marco's POV

It was around 8:00 and Star wasn't home yet. I got bored so I decided to see if Star had came back. I knocked on her door and heard foot steps.
"Star are you in there?" I asked.
"Um ya you can come in right now let me just fix something." She hesitated.
I waited there thinking what happened during her checkup. Yes I do worry about her a lot but it's only because she's my best friend and that's what besties do right? She opened the door and I walked in. We sat down on her bed. She looked down playing with her hair. She looked depressed. Something wasn't right. I could see it in her lightly dull eyes.
"Sooo.....how did it go? What did the doctors say?" I asked breaking the ice.
She looked up at me rapidly. She looked a bit scared. Probably because I was rushing in with the questions.
"Ohh um well it went well. They said that I would be fine." She replied.
Her tone was different. She sounded more quiet that usual. That wasn't the bubbly girl I knew and loved.
"Are you sure that's it? They didn't give you any warnings or any of that stuff?" I questioned.
"No nothing else. What you don't trust me?" She asked.
"N-no of course I trust you it's just that..I worry about you Star...a lot." I admitted.
"Aww thanks Marco. Well I think we should get ready for bed. I'm kinda tired." She suggested.
She looked at me with those eyes. They were a bit dull but that still doesn't mean that they're still not beautiful. Wait beautiful?! Stop it Marco! You have a girlfriend. Star is just your friend. I shook it off and replied,"Ok well..goodnight Star. Sweet dreams."
"Goodnight Marco and sweet dreams to you too." She said sweetly.
We hugged and she let go. I walked to the door and gave her a small smile. She returned one as well and closed the door.

Star's POV

He closed the door. I whispered 'I love you." I sighed and sunk down to the floor now crying. He cares about me but it wasn't enough. To his eyes I was probably a sister to him. I kept thinking about earlier. How I wish I could get rid of these feelings or reverse all of this. But that's life. You can't fix what's already broken. I go into my pjs and went inside my sheets. I lied to my best friend, safe kid and crush.

And that's it. Hey guys it's been a while but it's finally here. Now as most of you know that school will soon be starting so updates may start coming in slower but I will try to update regularly. THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR AROUND 300+ VIEWS👏🏼👏🏼☺️☺️ I hope to see more and thnx for the votes as well. Love you guys very much and until next time. 🌸🌸Jennifer......ooouuuuttttttt💫💫🌺🌺