Chapter 4 - New beginnings

The sun was too bright in the all-white hospital room. All Snow could hear was the soft humming of the machines. Slowly she began to open her eyes, taking in her surroundings she began to remember yesterdays events. 

There was a soft knocking on the door. "Come in," said Snow as she laid on the hospital bed half tiered yet determine to greet her visitor. The door opened revealing an old woman in plain colors and her in a bun. *O bachan *   "Grandma?" Sitting up Snow looked into the tear-stained eyes of her grandmother. Grandma Iyo stood at the edge of Snow's hospital bed.  

 "O banchan?" asked Snow the worry in her voice made her choke. Taking deep breaths Iyo sat down in a chair next to Snow's bed and spoke. "Your mother's......funeral is this Sunday.....you will be staying with me from now on.....we will live in Okinawa, Japan.....you will go to high school starting the day after tomorrow.....I'm so....sorry." Iyo burst into tears, each sob making Snow feel worse. "It's okay O banchan, we'll get through this." Snow didn't know who she was trying to convince, her or her grandma. *One thing for sure! I will be strong, I won't give in....and I'll continue to play the piano....I'll do great things....for Haha..* 

Words to know- 

O banchan - Grandma