Chapter 129 - I Want A Normal Life

Začít od začátku

"Thanks." He yawns as he stretches. He fell asleep in the living room even though I told him we had spare rooms upstairs.

"So. How do we get out of this?" I ask.

"I haven't figured it out yet." He says and lets out a sigh.

"What if we pay them?" I suggest and watch him shake his head.

"The creators of the contract are probably worth billions." Nick says as he opens his can, making me let out a sigh.

"Is there even a way out?" I ask Nick as he drinks from his can. Nick lets out sigh as he leans foward and shrugs lightly. "You don't know." I say quietly and sigh before I drop back against my chair.

"Nope." He shakes his head.

"Well, we have one month to figure this out." I say.

"We need more than just one month. We need a whole fucking year." Nick says.

"Where are you off to?" I ask him as he stands up.

"To see my wife. She's probably going to accuse me of sleeping with some other girl since I didn't come home." He says.

"Hm." I hum and watch him walk away. "Good luck with that." I say and sink down in my seat.

"Thanks." He mumbles back and opens the door. "Oh and Marshall." Nick says quickly, making me look back at him. "Happy birthday." He says before he walks out.

Oh yeah....Forgot about that.

***

My family and friends cheer around me as I blow out the candles on my birthday cake. I stand up straight and smile as they carry on cheering. I hug Iris and Tessa before I reach for the knife.

"Cut the cake old man!" Nathan says.

"Watch it Nate. The knife my slip and end up hurting you." I say and watch him put his hands up in defense as a few people around us laugh.

After cutting the cake and sharing it out, everyone goes back to talking and dancing towards the music. Tessa and I take a seat by the corner couch as we watch everyone and talk lightly.

"Is Karla not coming?" I ask her.

"No." She shakes her head as she sits on the chairs arm rest.

"How come?" I ask.

"She's unwell and Chris is looking after Jameson and Milo. They're both busy." She explains, making me nod.

It's sad to see Tessa face drop whenever she talks about Karla and how Karla is now. I haven't told her that the doctors gave her a couple of months to live. It's been over than a couple of months now, the doctors didn't think she would make it this long but she made it.

I want to tell Tessa. Nick wants to tell her too but Karla won't let us. She said that Tessa is finally happy and that we should wait a while. We haven't told Karla about us being forced to split up in a month.

"Mum!" Iris shouts for Tessa. Tessa finishes her drinks and places it on the fireplace shelf before she walks off.

"Don't let anyone take my seat." She tells me as she smiles lightly.

"I won't." I say and watch her walk away. I look away from my wife and away from our daughter before my eyes land on Ryder.

I watch him as he stays standing in the corner after the room. He talks to himself quietly as he examines the people in the room. His eyes land on me, making him quickly stand up straight. I force a smile onto my lips, only to watch him walk out the room.