Chapter 18

A/N This chapter is a little short compared to what I usually write, but I HAD to post it! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Chapter 18

***

Over the weeks leading up to Wrestlemania 33, the WWE announced the induction of several polarizing figures into the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame, including former heavyweight champion and Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle. Although Val hadn't been able to travel with Joe, he'd done his best to get home as often as possible. His effort had made their time apart easier to handle and she appreciated him for it. In addition to that, her mother and father had temporarily relocated to Lakeland to help out. They'd been staying in her and Joe's home for the last eight weeks, helping to fill the large domicile with life other than her own. Her time away from Joe hadn't been too bad, but there was nothing better than having him home.

Needless to say, when he'd presented her an all-access pass for the Mania weekend, which would be held in nearby Orlando, Florida this year, she was thrilled. In addition to her attending the Hall of Fame for the first time as a guest and not an employee and being able to witness Joe's match with The Deadman from ringside, Joe and Josh's relationship had fully gotten back to normal. The two cousins had talked several times over the last few weeks and with Mania coming up, Val couldn't have been happier as the group had made plans to hang out after the ceremony ended.

***

Just an hour before their scheduled departure time to the HOF venue, Val stood in front of the mirror in her and Joe's hotel room, assessing her appearance. It would be her first time walking the red carpet and to say she was a bit nervous was an understatement. She didn't want to walk, or waddle rather, but Joe had insisted that she join him. It would be their first time making a grand entrance to the event as husband and wife and there was no way he would walk while she watched. After some goading, begging, and great oral sex, he finally convinced her to say "yes." Now, here it was just an hour before the start of the show, and she was sweating bullets and hating the way she looked in her dress.

Joe stood behind her, adjusting his tie. Upon her request, he'd chosen to go with a black-on-black suit. It perfectly complemented his cocoa-butter skin, and she just felt that she couldn't compare. Her discontent must've been etched in her face, because Joe began to run his hands down her arms to comfort her.

"I'm so fat," she said, slightly pouting.

"You're not fat, baby. You're pregnant," Joe said, bringing his hands to rest on her belly. "And you're beautiful."

"I'm so nervous. I don't wanna embarrass you, baby."

"Embarrass me?" he incredulously repeated. "You're carrying my children, and there's nothing embarrassing about that. So, stop worrying, alright? You'll do fine," he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from the mirror.

"If you say so."

"I say so," he said, picking up her black clutch and handing it to her. "Limo's waiting."

She breathed a deep sigh.

"Here I go."

"You'll be fine, Doll. Trust me."

***

The Hall of Fame. Lights, cameras, evening gowns, tailored suits, WWE Superstars and the red carpet. It was quite different being on the other side of the lens. Val knew Joe could feel her hand sweating, and took a breath to calm her nerves.

"You good?" he asked, looking down at her.

"Yeah."

"They're gonna interview me," he advised.