Chapter 11

Chapter 11
***
Val and Joe agreed to keep the news of her pregnancy a secret, until after they returned from the overseas tour. During the two-week long tour, Val had begun to suffer from morning sickness. She put the concerns of her co-workers to rest by blaming the symptoms on a lingering stomach flu. She was able to ward off their questions until the Superstars touched down in the states. It was then, that her pregnancy became locker room knowledge.

When she had informed Kelly of her pregnancy, Kelly immediately pulled her from live television. Her disappointment was short-lived when Kelly advised her that she'd continue to work for the company as a media consultant and that the position could be performed while she traveled with the Raw roster. Thankfully, she'd be returning to the Raw brand on the Monday following Survivor Series, which was now just a day away.

The news had been the latest in a string of good luck occurrences, or blessings as Joe had referred to them. However, in the days leading up to the Survivor Series pay-per-view, one person had tried to break the chain.

***

Val had met with Matt and several of the other photographers from Raw and SmackDown to discuss position rotations for the upcoming mixed-brand pay-per-view scheduled to air later tonight. In the conference room of the hotel where the Superstars and crew were staying in Toronto, Val informed each photographer of his or her schedule for Survivor Series as outlined by Kelly earlier that week. Once the meeting had ended, Matt stayed behind to speak with Val.

"Val, you got a minute to talk?" he asked.

She glanced at her cell phone.

"Uh, sure. What's up?"

"I'm not trying to start anything, but Jenn was talking to me a couple days ago and saying some pretty messed up things about you and Josh."

"Not this bitch, again," Val said, rolling her eyes and sighing out of frustration. "I don't know what that girl has against me, but she's been a pain in my ass since I got to SmackDown."

"You don't know why?" Matt questioned, cinching his brows at her.
Val shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

"No."

"Wow. Well, um, she and Raelynn were good friends. She's actually the reason why Rae got into WWE in the first place."

Rae-fucking-lynn, Val thought to herself. She hadn't heard that name since the photographer had gotten fired last year for her spat with Stephanie. It was because of Raelynn that Lina had found out about her relationship with Joe.

"You're kidding, right?" Val asked.

"No, but it gets worse."

"I can imagine. But, hey, what the hell? Humor me."

"Well, she said that she saw Josh leaving your hotel room late one night and that your baby might be his."

"What?! Fuck this!" Val said, starting to walk off.

Matt quickly grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Wait, Val! You're pregnant. So, no fighting. I just wanted you to know about it before the shit got outta hand."

"You're right," she said, holding up a hand to stop him, "but answer me this. Why would she tell you all that?"

"I don't know," Matt answered with a shrug of his shoulders. "I guess she thought I wouldn't say anything, because she knows about what happened when you and I were training together. I guess she thinks she and I are cool like that, and you and I aren't."

"Humph," Val huffed, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. "Well, thank you for the heads up. I'll be sure to address it with management." Joe.