Battered and Bruised

Start from the beginning

        "Yeah, well while you were out, I was making sure your brother stayed alive. I kept him alive. All I wanted was that you did the same for someone I cared about, clearly you couldn't handle that," she spat at the brunette. She aggressively threw the black book in the mud before storming off towards the drop ship.

       "I'm not a hero. I can't save everyone," she mumbled to a disappearing Octavia. The juveniles branched off leaving just Alaska and I. A whimper left her mouth as she bent down for the book. Bringing it to her chest she flashed me her right hand by accident.

Forgetting about the previous incident I grabbed her arm forcing her to show me her hand. It had been badly burned and was blistering. The cut that Murphy had gave her from a few days ago was now open and bleeding.

       "You should get this looked at," I told her looking up into her eyes.

        "Clarke's busy, I'll go later," she said pulling her hand away and walking away in the other direction. Alaska passed Murphy and he watched her with concerned eyes. He walked towards me with a displeased look now set onto his face.

       "Lose anyone?" I asked trying to get back into business mode. I couldn't help but think though that the two people I care about are hurting. To make matters worse because of me.

       "No," he simply stated crossing his arms over his chest.

        "Jasper?" I asked already knowing the answer.

        "Still breathing. Barely. I tried to take him out, but your psycho little sister-" I cut him off grabbing him by the collar. I pushed him against a tree near by getting my face in his.

      "My what? My what?" I asked him aggressively. He swallowed before looking me in the eyes.

       "Your little sister," he said back calmer this time.

        "Yeah, that's right. My little sister. Got anything else you want to say about her?" I said still angry at what he had just said. I glared at him while sizing him up.

        "Nothing. Sorry," he apologized to me as he studied my face. I let him go, giving him one last look.

        "Get him out of here," I said to Jones gesturing at Atoms dead body before walking away.

A L A S K A

          I sat under a tree with my right hand between my knees, my arm wouldn't stop shaking while I tried to bandage it up

I sat under a tree with my right hand between my knees, my arm wouldn't stop shaking while I tried to bandage it up. With a needle and thread I began to stitch my cut shut. My jacket between my teeth stopped me from waking up the whole camp from my groans of pain.

Once done with the stitching I wrapped it in bandages and looked at my master piece. I had cleaned both my hands before, getting the dried up blood off. With my back against a tree I looked out at the sunset. Footsteps approached me while I watched the orange, red and pinks dance in the sky. Finns face came into my line of sight as he crouched down.