JASPER HALE is one big JERK! Or is he? -10-

10- 

When I do decide to leave my room Jasper is nowhere in sight, at least I’m alone. I grab my sketch pad and begin mindless sketching before I realize I am sketching Jasper as a Confederate soldier. I can’t have these feelings. He doesn’t feel the same way. 

I rip the picture out of my sketch book and rip it to shreds. There is a knock on the door and I tense up until I hear Alice’s voice, “Cecily?”

“What?”

“Can Xander and I come in?”

“Fine,” I sigh not moving from my bed. 

The door clicks open and Alice and Xander take a seat at the foot of the bed. “So what’s wrong?” Alice asks. 

“Won’t he be able to hear us?” I ignore her question.

“He left to go hunting,” Xander explains. 

I sigh, “Well I feel horrible now. I-i might actually feel something for him, and doing that just made me feel like a terrible person.”

“You’re in love with him?” Alice cheers excitedly. 

“No, I said nothing about love. I don’t know what it is, but I’m sure he is furious at me for doing that to him.”

“Cecily loves Jasper,” Xander teasingly sings. 

“I hate both of you, hope you know that,” I frown. 

Alice lets out her bell chime laugh, “You couldn’t hate us. There’s something else bothering you?”

I nod, “Jasper’s hiding something from me. He says he has a theory about why my emotions are the most intense, but then he won’t even tell me what that theory is! No matter what I try he won’t tell me.”

“I’ll ask Edward if he hears anything,” Alice promises.

Another month goes by and nothing really changes except for Renesmee. She looks like a toddler by now. She has learned how to talk and walk and dance. Bella and I don’t really talk, but she tolerates me because Renesmee likes being around me. 

________________Alice’s P.O.V._______________

Most of the family was out hunting leaving Jacob, Rosalie, and I to watch over Renesmee. Jacob was asleep on the couch next to her, and Renesmee was giggling while trying to braid his short hair. 

Rosalie and I sat on the other side of the room talking. “So you think they’ll get together?”

“Well,” I sigh. “Cecily claims that Jasper is hiding something from her and Edward hasn’t been able to hear anything from him.”

“What is he hiding?”

“Jasper has this theory about why her emotions are the most intense for him.”

“They’ve been avoiding each other, we have to set them up,” Rosalie smirks deviously.  “It’s obvious they like each other.”

“A few weekends ago when we were hunting Cecily was able to seduce him, trying to get revenge. We have to get both of them together without either one of them knowing the other will be there,” I explain. 

“They could always babysit these two,” Rosalie suggests. “Everyone gone hunting and them alone.”

_____________Cecily’s P.O.V.______________

Wednesday night, after uncle Charlie had left Alice asked if I could babysit Renesmee this weekend and of course I couldn’t turn her down - I loved Renesmee even if Bella was her mother. Bella and Edward would be... ‘busy’ this weekend. Esme was going to be designing some houses in northern Washington. Carlisle had taken a few extra shifts at the hospital. Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, and Xander were going to be hunting this weekend and I assumed Jasper would be tagging along with them.

I was in my room reading, Renesmee had been taking a nap for a few hours now and I decided to check up on her. I go downstairs and to my surprise I see her in Jasper’s lap on the couch. 

“I thought you’d be with the others this weekend,” I say. 

He turns around looking at me with just as much shock, “I could say the same to you.”

We freeze as Renesmee starts to stir from her sleep and she blinks a few times before looking at Jasper’s face and then to mine. She reaches up a hand to put on Jasper’s face and I watch wondering what she is showing or asking. Renesmee has the most unique power, she had used it on me a few times and I am still amazed when she uses it. 

“Renesmee, where did you here that?” Jasper says bringing me out of my thoughts. He is staring at the tiny girl. Renesmee is reaching for me now. 

“What did she show you?” I ask. 

“I think she wants the honor of telling you herself,” Jasper says handing her to me. 

I cradle Renesmee in my arms and she places her tiny hand on my cheek. She doesn’t show me anything, but she thinks, “Do you like Uncle Jasper?

I look at her for a moment, “Where would you get an idea like that?”

She thinks, “Auntie Rose and Auntie Alice were talking about you guys avoiding each other and something else about how you obviously have feelings for each other.

“What did she say?” Jasper asks. 

“Rosalie and Alice gave her the idea,” I say. 

“That’s not all,” Renesmee scolds me in her song-like voice.

“Do you want to tell him?”

She nods and I pass her back to Jasper. After she’s done crawls off him and goes over to Jacob to pester him. 

Jasper and I don’t say anything. We sit next to each other just watching to see what the other is going to do first. After several minutes pass I ask, “Can you please tell me about your theory?”

“Alright,” He sighs. “Well you know how Edward can’t read Bella’s mind?”

“Yeah,” I nod.

“Well, they are mates and maybe that has some interference with their powers,” He suggests.

“So you’re saying that since I affect your powers different from everyone else we would be mates?” I ask.

“It only makes sense,” He tells me. “I couldn’t find any other plausible reason.”

“So you knew that, and you’ve been avoiding me for weeks?” 

“Hey!” He defends. “You are the one who teased me and left me in the shower.”

“Because you were being a jerk!”

“But you liked it, didn’t you? I felt your emotions. Love and lust never hold the same company and you liked just as much as I did,” He says.

If I were human I would be blushing bright red, “So what are we?”

“I suppose we are mates, but of course I’m not be very good gentlemen by phrasing it like that. So would you be my mate, Cecily?” He asks using his southern drawl.

“It took you long enough.”

“My apologies, ma’am,” He grins before capturing my lips and a gentile kiss, not like the passionate ones we had shared out of anger. This was nice, and marked the start of new beginnings. 

The End 

(if you want a sequel, request it in the comments and if enough people want to read a sequel i'll work on it)