0.6 \\ Truth

(Y/N) POV

You breath out heavily as one minute remains in the class. As soon as Jungkook had entered the class, there had been immense tension.
The bell finally rings. You quickly pack you bag, hoping you can make a beeline for your next class without having to face Jungkook. But something tells you that you'll have to face him sooner or later. This 'avoiding' gig that the two of you are playing at won't go on forever and you know it.

You finish stuffing your books and file out of the class along with the rest of the students.

But then you hear a huge thud and rustling of paper, and a weight seems to be lifted off of you.
You turn around and see almost the entire contents of your bag splayed all over the floor. The other students make tsk tsk sounds and leave.
A small gasp leaves your mouth as you rush to repack your bag. You're not really sure why you're in such a hurry, but you don't really fell like you wanna talk to Jungkook after the kiss.

You zip up your bag and get up but then the door slams shut. Your eyes follow the hand placed on the door and follow it up the arm and turn around to yet again be face to face with Jungkook. You gulp nervously.

Jungkook exhales deeply and starts to speak, "(Y/N), look, I don't know how you felt about that kiss, and if you didn't like it I'm sorry," he paused and you can see sincerity in his eyes shining. He then continues, "but if you did like it," he says and blushes slightly, which in turn makes you blush, "then you should tell me right now." He ends off with a slight smirk.

You close your eyes tightly and exhale.  Okay, all he wants is an answer right? So all you have to do is just grab a paper and pen. And you do so.

But you pause before the open even hits the paper.

What is your answer?

Did you like the kiss?

Or did you not like it?

You bite your lip, the pen tip just a millimetre away from the paper. You mull over the memory of the kiss. Then you remenber that day when he told you that he didn't trip you. Were you just holding a grudge in him because he tripped you? He didn't just trip you, he made you mute too, a small voice rang out in your head.

But he seemed so sincere when he told you he wasn't the one to blame.
Then who, or what, was?

You brought the pen down to the paper and started to write.

If it wasn't you, then who it what made me mute? I will only give you my answer if this is clarified.

You handed the paper to him. He took it with a shaky hand. He pursued his lips as he read it and looked at you.
"Meet me after school by the computer lab and I'll show you," was all he said before he walked out if the class.
You shrugged and walked to your next class.

Jungkook POV

I walked out if the class and ran to the Control Room. I took out a pendrive from my pocket and quickly copied that day's footage. I was about to leave when I saw a screen showing gym footage from another angle. I skimmed through it to find (Y/N)'s accident date and copied it. Just in case, if something would show up.
I then ran out like I was running a marathon and entered the cool computer lab. I immediately recognised a pink head behind one of the monitors.

"Namjoon hyung!" I called out to him. He turned around, his black glasses placed on his nose in a professional way. Anybody would think he was a teacher if he wasn't in uniform.
He raised his eyebrows at me and said, "What is it, Jungkook?"
I placed the pendrive on the table and said, "Plug it in, I need your help."

He gave a slight nod and plugged it in. "If you want help with your homework, then there is no way I'm doing it so-" he stopped mid sentence when he noticed the files on the pendrive. "Why do you have CCTV footage?" "Skim through them, I want to prove that I didn't trip (Y/N)," I said. He went for the first file what was what the principal had shown me the other day. Still, it had the angle which made it look like I had tripped her. "Go to the next file," I said. Namjoon nodded his head and clicked on it.

This video has a different angle. You could see from the side and when the ball came towards me and (Y/N), I was evidently seen that (Y/N) had tripped over her own foot. I bit my lip, as I looked over at Namjoon. "Cut the video so any this part is there. I need to show it to (Y/N). Do you think you could show it to the rest of the hyungs too?" I asked. Namjoon nodded and proceeded to cut the video.

It was time (Y/N) found out the truth.

(Y/N) POV

*Ring*

The bell rings, signalling the end of the day. "Hey (Y/N), wanna hang out with us at my house?" Minhyun asks. You're about to answer with a 'yes' but then you remember that Jungkook was going to explain everything to you. You shake you head and sign, I'm busy, sorry maybe next time? and top it off with an apologetic face.

"Aw, okay but you have to come next time, alright?" Rose says. You nod my head and give them a small smile before you head to the computer lab.  Jungkook was already waiting for you and gave you a small smile. He took your hand and led you inside the lab. He then led you to a pink head behind a monitor and said, "Hyung, show her." The pink head turned around slightly for you to recognise as Namjoon and have a slight nod to Jungkook. "Um, (Y/N), well, you think that Jungkook was the one that tripped you right?" Namjoon asks. You give a slight nod, wondering what these two are thinking.

Namjoon then turns back to the bright screen and clicks open a media file.

It's a clip from gym class, and you recognise the arrangement of students from the day you fell. From the angle of the camera, you can see both Jungkook's and your's side profile. You see yourself facing Jungkook, having that nonsensical conversation, and then you see the ball coming.
Your breath hitches as you see it approaching you. You fall painfully. You subconsciously run your fingers against your neck.

Namjoon skips backward, pauses it  and says, "Okay, (Y/N), I want you to take a look at whose foot you tripped on okay? I know you think Jungkook tripped you but....just take a look will you?" He plays the video and you watch your feet.

What you see shocks you.

Jungkook didn't trip you after all.

You tripped over yourself.

Jungkook had been right all along.

You slowly turn to face Jungkook, trying to muster all of your apologies into your eyes and give him a puppy dog look. He turns to you with a poker face and pushes a strand of your hair behind your ear. He then leans in towards you. You widen your eyes a little but his face goes towards the side and whispers hoarsely against your ear, "I told you so," and pulls away from you with a smirk.

You gulp. You feel guilty for blaming him. But the whole school thinks that he's the one who did it soooo.

You mouth I'm sorry as clear as you can because you're too lazy to take the pen and paper out if your bag (Me af) . He gives you a small smile and then turns to Namjoon and says, "Thanks hyung." Namjoon rises from his seat and says, "Anytime Jungkook, the rest of the hyungs want to meet you later, by the way." He then ruffles Jungkook's hair, which makes Jungkook pout and then neaves the lab.

Jungkook turns to you and gives you a smirk and drags you out of the lab. "I want my answer," he says, while holding your hand. You take a deep breath. He didn't trip you. He seems to genuinely like you. He even kissed you, and that felt genuine.

You nod your head. He smiled and hugs you, and gives you a peck on your lips.

"(Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?"

______________________________________

Heyy everybody!

I'm so sorry for the late update! I was just lazy and reading fanfic and contemplating over my life choices so I wasn't really able to concentrate on the plot and did I mention that I'm lazy to write but then I think about all you wonderful readers out there and that's what motivates me to write!

Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please comment and vote!