11. Faking it (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"No, you do not have to. I know why you are gonna wear that, I know you, you... you want to make your father regret... I know you too well... I don't want someone to point a finger on your character, on your reputation. I don't want people to talk about you." Martha slumped on the bed, looking helplessly at her.

She walked up to the bed and kneeling down, she held Martha's hands, "Nothing will happen to me, I promise.  You do not know what he did to me today, I... need to do this... I will take care of myself, you do not have to worry."

"I do not believe, I am not going to let you go there like that."

"Now, you are overreacting. It's just a party and no one will try to lay a finger on me."

"At least, comb your hair, you... you are looking wild." Martha stood up, a glare blending with her features, "I still do not approve of you going there like this, but looks like you do not care about my opinion anymore." And leaving Faye, Martha stormed out of the room.

She was just about to go after her, just about to go when her phone rang, a call from the man whom she calls 'father'.

"Why are you not here?" His voice was cold.

"I am on my way." And before he could say something else, she hang up.

Walking towards the mirror, she ran a comb through her hair, pulling the blonde strands into a tight bun.

She didn't have time to talk to Martha, she was running late and she knew too well what her father was capable of doing if she do not reach in time.

"I am sorry Martha." And grabbing her purse along with her car's keys, she switched off the lights of the room, walking out of the mansion in her golden stilettos.

************************************

"What are you wearing?" She instantly heard her father's voice after walking out of the car.

"Clothes." She said, a smirk appearing in her features.

"I... I... you know that's not appropriate." Arthur Lockwood greeted out, his eyes narrowing by a fraction.

He was angry, damn angry.

"You lost me my everything, now, you are gonna tell me what to wear and what to not."

"Hold your tongue, young lady. I do not like where it is going."

"Mr Arthur, I am here just for my friend, just because you threatened me, and this is the last time you are doing this to me. Do not expect any corporation and manner from me when I walk inside the ballroom. I am here, cause we made a deal. Do not expect anything." She said, smirking devilishly.

"I never expected anything from you honey, never. I do not care whatever you do out there, whoever you flirt or have sex with. I just needed you to come here because, every man has to bring their family with them, to enter the ballroom. And as long as you do not embarrass me publicly, which I am sure you will not dare to, I have nothing to care about."

"Maybe you are wrong. I can and really will embarrass you out there."

"I have many things against you, my daughter."

"You don't." Anger evaporated through her.

"I do, because you care, you care about things, about others, I don't."

And giving her a cold, ice breaking smile, he walked towards the entrance.

A single tear fell out of her eyes, which she wiped instantly and covered with makeup but, but her heart, she was not able to calm it, it was sick.

************************************
Graciás amigos,

Well, firstly,

Am sorry, sorry for not updating. I really am and yes, this time, I have reasons,

1. I am sick, like really sick
2. Scholarship exams (I had an exam on seven, and honestly, it actually was important)
3. It was my birthday.

And I am really sorry to say, there will be no frequent updates, I am warning you, it's gonna be like once in a month, and honestly, I have reasons, my exams, my finals.

This sucks, I know it does but guys, even if I love wattpad, you all, my parents care about my grades, and I can't risk them since I will have to get in a good university.

Those, who are not gonna be in this journey with me anymore, I don't mind if you all run away, I really don't. I know how much it sucks to wait for updates.

Those, who still are gonna be there, just so that you know, I am thankful, I really really really really really really really really really really really am, I love you, thanks for being patient, thanks for being supportive and loving even if I don't deserve it.

Oh yah, the next chapter is almost ready, so, I think I will update tomorrow, since its weekend. Nothing sure though.

Again, I love you and I am sorry.

Thanks for understanding.

I am grateful.

Not gonna ask for vote, reads anymore.

I don't deserve it.

©tomboy_16

©tomboy_16