The Hearing

Jake's P.O.V.

Well, today's the big day.

The day where I either get proven that I'm innocent or guilty.

Today is May 17

The day of my hearing.

I woke up early, around 9:00 (it's early for me!) And I went downstairs to eat breakfast. My dad took a day off because I needed an adult to come with me. So around 9:30 we went down to our car and started driving south, to the Ministry of Florida. My hearing was in an hour and a half and the ride was an hour. We decided it's better if we were there early, that might reflect on the judge's decision

An hour and many, MANY Justin Bieber songs later, we arrived.

We parked in the parking lot and went inside.

"$20.00 for an hour parking, that's ridiculous!" My dad said. But I was too busy thinking about what will happen at my hearing to even notice him.

10 minutes later...

We finally found the room where they held the hearing. It was a HUGE room. It had a bunch of seats, bleacher style, and it was already filled. I sat on the chair in the middle.

(TIME SKIP BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE)

Let's just say that didn't go so well.

But that was to be expected.

I walked out the room with relief on my face. "Innocent until proven guilty." they said. 

I walked out to the waiting roon, expecting to see my dad there, but he wasn't. So I sat down on the chair, waiting for him, assuming he just went to the washroom. 

5 minutes...

10 minutes...

By then I should have been panicking but I decided to wait a little more.

15 minutes...

I stood up, panicking. Where is he? I went to the restaurant nearby to see if he got some food but no, he wasn't. I started to go to the parking lot to see if our car was still there. I started speedwalking to find that our car is gone. I double-checked the whole lot for our car but it wasn't there. 

I felt like I was having a heart attack. He would leave me? Me, his only son? I ran to the guards at the front of the entrance and asked if they have seen my dad.

"Oh yeah I saw him run out here like, 10 minutes ago. he seemed to be in a hurry. He went to the parking lot," said one of the guards. "Though I swear he mumbled something like 'I hated him anyways, he's not even my own biological son.'"

My vision became blurry as I crumple to my knees. The last thing I remember is the guards' eyes showing concern and fear before falling into unconsciousness.