Those Mean Words

Phoenix's P.O.V

The bell rang, I went down through the staircase to go outside with my girls. Since the amount of students here in Adelle Grace School is big, we got separated. I decided to go wait for them on the last steps.

While I was waiting, someone stepped on my foot, hard. Like it wasn't on aciddent, but on purpose. I looked to the person who seemed to have stepped on my foot. I looked and saw blonde hair cut short and is very tall. I know who that is.

"Ouch!" I yelled. I ran after him. He seemed to have heard it. "I don't care, you're a spoiled little daddy's girl" he whispered but I still heard it.

Everyone knew that her father was rich and gets her what she wants. "I can't be that spoiled" she thought, on the verge of tears.

She tried to fight them off, but she knew in a few moments she would cave in. She ran as fast as she can to a private spot where she knew no one but her girls would find her.

She found this place when she was a little girl. It was a little place in the corner of the field. It was surrounded with bushes and you can't find it unless you push away the thick bushes.

It was pretty comfortable, enough for 4 to fit comfortably. I added my own touches here and there, and now there is an blanket exactly the shape of the corner, thanks to me spending my time cutting it. Snacks in a box, hidden in the bushes and few pillows. Also some water. The top is covered by an apple tree, I always put a bucket and pick them, take them home and eat them.

I sat at the corner, shedding all of my tears. I thought he was my best friend!! I never knew this was what he REALLY thought about me!

I heard growing footsteps outside and I immediately knew they were my friends. I quickly took out tissues from my pocket to dry my tears and sat looking at the corner so my back was facing to them. I didn't know if they had heard what had happened.

"Oh thank god you're here Phoenix, we didn't see you and we looked all over the files in hopes of finding you but we didn't." Said Grace, obviously relieved.

I didn't know I was here very long but when I looked to my watch I realized I've been here 20 min. 20 more minutes until recess ends.

"Sorry, I wanted to think some things over" I replied, trying hard to hide my voice cracking. "Just wanted to think over my friendship with Blaze" I thought.

Samantha walked up right next to me, trying to look at my face. I stubbornly avoided it and looked the other way. She sighed. "Phoenix, we are your friends. We know if something was bothering you." She said.

I decided to cave in and gave them all of the details. How I was waiting for them home somebody stepped on my foot. How indescribable the pain really was. How she noticed the figure was really Blaze, by his tall body and blonde hair. How she had heard his mean comment that practically changed her mind about being friends with him.

"That's awful!" Said Samantha. "I can't believe he's say such a thing!" Replied Grace.

"Phoenix, I know what he said was mean, but you can't hang in here all day crying. It's time to stop being a cloud and start being a rainbow." Said Hope. I couldn't help but smile at her choice of words. She always said she wanted to be a weather reporter when she grew up.

"You're right Hope. All of you are." I started to say. "I should go out there to confront him! I mean, I did nothing wrong right?! He's the one that said the words!" I recieved multiple "Yep'" "That's Right!" And "You go girl!"

I smiled at them sweetly and lovingly. "You guys really are my best friends!"

We all shared a group hug. After that, I stood up, dried my tears and set aside the bushes to go out and face Blaze.