Phoenix's and Blaze's P.O.V.

Phoenix's P.O.V.

30 minutes before:

I sat down with the rest of my girls at the usual table I sit at everyday. My friends already saved a spot for me and got me some lunch too. They were so nice! As I sat there eating my food I listened to the conversation that our table seemed to have resumed talking about. As usual it was mostly about gossip. I don't really like to gossip about people so I usually just listen. There were 4 of us. Me, Samantha Chaokoh, Hope Salas and Grace Anderson.

Today's topic of gossip at our table seemed to be crushes. Though none of them know it, I know all of their oh-so-obvious crushes. Grace loved Bob Henp, Hope had a crush on  Steve Baab, and Samantha was head-over-heels for Charlie Rocky. While they kept talking, I was silently listening and eating my porridge when I heard "So who do you like Phoenix?".

I didn't know who said it, but when they did, my cheeks turned red with embarrassment. I've been trying to keep my crush a secret, from everyone! I don't know what other people will think of me if I say. "Um... I'd rather not say" I replied back to the group. "Oh come on, you obviously like Zack." Hope said.  I was about to reply "No I don't but then I realized they were talking about Zack Trey. Oh, so that's what they think.

Thankfully, I don't but I'll still play along so they don't figure out who I REALLY like."Yeah". I said in a dreamy far off look. Thankfully, they bought it. They went back to talking about a whole other thing, about each other's dresses and clothes.

I again wasn't really listening, I was too busy thinking about... Him. No not Zack but a whole different person. I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice what was happening until Grace nudged me and said "Phoenix look. Jake got gum on the back of his shirt!" She laughed out.

Upon hearing my friend's name, I immediately look to his own table he sits at everyday.  Rick Mason and Jessica Fuell right in front of him. They were both known throughout the school as the school trouble makers. They are also mean, ride and bully people A LOT.

There was this one time where the principal, Bob Machine was in a VERY important meeting but before they went inside the office, they went in and put a whoopee cushion on the principal's desk. Now, they managed to find a nother cushion to put on top of it so it will be hidden. Everything went exactly to plan and the principal's new nickname was: Fart Machine.

As I watched Jake get bullied by Jessica and Rick, I felt the sudden urge to just rip their eyes out! I mean, no one deserves to be treated like that! With that Jake turned tail and ran. After the cafeteria settled back to its nosiy condition again, I felt such pity for him. He was one of my best friends but I never really thought about how lonely he really is. I looked over to Blaze's table, which was all the way on the other side of the room. I kept staring at his back, wondering why they didn't invite Jake to sit with them.

Blaze's P.O.V.

I looked up from my porridge to see what the commotion was all about. Usually the cafeteria was very noisy, but now, it was dead silent. I looked over to see Jake getting bullied about the gum he had stuck in his shirt and pants. I feel bad, it happens to everyone yet Rick and Jessica are still too immature to realize that this is not funny. I always think that I should invite Jake to come sit with us. But then I don't want it to ruin my reputation. I am the #1 most popular boy here in this school. I'd like to keep it that way.

After I return back to my porridge, I could feel Phoenix's eyes staring at the back of my head. I know why, she wants me to invite Jake to my table. But doesn't she understand what I could do to me? I mean, she's the #1 most popular girl in this school! She, out of all people, should be able to understand!

And with that, the bell rang, indicating that it's time for lunch recess.