"You're no fun, I don't like the silence"

"It's not a big deal, we're almost there anyway"

And he was right, we stopped in front of the cafe, I looked at it hesitantly, contemplating wether I should really see him or not, I hadn't noticed Mr. Reid leave the car until he opened my side of the door.

"Ms. Downs get out of my car or else I'll be late for a meeting that I need to be at in.." he looked at his watch and continued "28 minutes and 13 seconds"

I looked at him shocked, while I'm here staring at a cafe like nervous wreck he's complaining about being late!

"I said it before and I'll say it again Mr. Reid, you could have only picked me up" I said in a cold tone.

"I advise you not to disrespect me Ms. Downs, now get out" he said in an equally cold tone.

I'm pissed and I'd usually put up a fight but instead of wasting both our time arguing so I got out.

The second I got out he quickly went back into the car and drove of, I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on my current situation.

I walked into the cafe and my heart stopped seeing my brother sitting there doing something on his phone.

As though noticing my presence he looked up and a warm smile crawled up his face.

That sorta eased my nerves...

It's now or never...

I put on a warm myself and walked up to him.

"Hi"
"Hey"
"So..." this is awkward...
"I ordered for the both of us so we can have some time to ourselves and discuss matters..." he didn't finish knowing I understood what he meant.

I nodded and sat on the opposite side of the booth.

"First ordered of business, how are you doing? You know with your illness?"

I smiled at him getting ready to spill the past ten years of my life to him.

"Well, when mom and dad divorced, I was getting worse my the minute, at some point even the doctor said I would die if I didn't go through surgery and that's what made both mom and dad snap, they started seeing eye to eye just to save enough money for me to have surgery and that's about it"

"So, you're okay now?"
"Yes, I'm great" I smiled.
"You started first now it's my turn"

"Shoot"

"How did this happen?"
"What?" He asked cocking a brow.
"You know, a millionaire restauranteur, successful, how did that happen?"

He looked down.
"When I left I was pretty sure you all realized I would never come back and dad would stop paying my college fees, so I guess you're curious how I was able to pay for college without anyone supporting me, after I left, I started working for a small restaurant and living in the college dorms, I was able to graduate and still work in that restaurant"

"Why did you change your name?"
He hesitated a little but answered anyway.

"The guy I worked for was like the father our real one could never be and I became attached to him and that restaurant I started adding new recipes, new ideas, before the amazing man retired he gave the restaurant to me and I changed my name from 'Leonardo Downs' to 'Peter Sanchez' and I don't regret anything that I have done for the past ten years, I was able to expand to America and make the man that made me happy, happy"

Strictly Professional ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara