Chapter Ñinetėėñ: The Dark Forest

Of course my luck kept running out, I got 99 problems arising, and it's only adding. Woah, I sound like a genius. Score! Ok, ok, there's is something wrong with my brain.

And of course, the source of all my problems, I had to run into him. Sehun. Dammit all. 

"What do you want?" I ask. I was alone this time, and of course that never meant anything good. I glared at him, I'm completely over what happened before, but I don't trust him still.

"I just wanted to talk-" I cut him off.

"You may want to, but I don't. I have to get going, bye." I say and start to turn around. He grabs my wrist before I can take three steps, and I whip my head around. "Let go." I order.

"Then let me talk to you, it's about your little sister." That caught my attention. "What do you know?" I ask, and he lets go of my hand. "I know who the killer is." He says, and I can tell he's saying the truth.

"Who is it?" I ask warily. "Nothing is free, it's equal trade." He smirks.

I growl. "What do you want?" 

"I need you to go to The UnderAbove. There's this vine called the Lava Vine found at the mountains towards the east of the forest. Get the vine, I'll bring you to her killer and tell you something about her you didn't know." He holds his smirk up, negotiating.

"What do you say? Deal or no deal?" He asks, challenging me a bit. I think for a moment, having a mini conference in my head.

The dark forest is the most dangerous place to be. There's ranked monsters that often kill even the highest of hunters. If I go, this is a straight suicide mission, and a low chance of coming back to the group. 

But half of me knows this is our chance. If I do make it out alive with the plant, I can ask why the person who killed Molly did it. I want to know who she is as well, she seemed so.. secretive.

I sighed, knowing the answer I'm about to give is the stupidest decision I've made this far. "Fine, deal." Dammit, I'm so dumb.

"Wise choice," is it though? "Now, here's a map that was drawn by one of the higher ups, be back by next week. Good luck." Good luck my ass, this is so dumb, I'm so dumb.

I turn around, after this I'm fricken confessing to my crush, I'm sure a lot of people know who it is, but somehow I just started liking him, like, a lot! He's been so kind to me, so I'm having my doubts, but I hope and pray he feels the same. God, what happened to me?

Honestly he has such a cute dimple, and I don't mean Eugene, he has the best dimple in the world, but I see him as a brother, so before that even started it sunk. KIDDING, yeah I definitely have a crush on him. He's so sweet and good with kids, clumsy, strong, tall, and adorable when he smiles.

In any case, I'm going to pack up for another damn trip that will almost kill me. I foreshadow events that happen in my story ALL the time, this isn't something new. I mean, come on, I've only almost died, what? Twice? Three times? I lost count..

That doesn't mean anything! Right? Yeah. I rush over to the room where everyone is and call out, "everyone! I have news!" I yell. They whip their heads towards me, eyes wide in fear. "You don't mean..." Eugene starts. "Yup! Another mission! Isn't that exciting?" I ask, clapping my hands together.

"NO." Everyone yells. I whine. "Come on guys! It's not like I'll die!" Shiz, I jinxed it. I knock on wood as quick as possible. They all sigh. "How many times have you almost died? We all lost count." I sigh. "Haven't we all? Guys I really need to do this, I have to in order to find out who killed Molly!" I huff.

"If you don't make it back alive, we'll personally revive you, and kill you right afterwards." I make a face at him. "Got it, dad." I joke. "Didn't know you were into kinks..." he jokes back. I gape, "no! First of all, it's called a daddy kink, second of all, no." They all just laugh. These bishes.

Ugh, I gotta pack now. Why must I be so lazy?!