Chapter Twėłvę: Protecting You is My Job

(Scarlett's POV)

"Mingyu," I call out still leaning against him. "Hmm?" He hums in response. "Thank you, for saving me." I say smiling against his chest. "It's not a huge problem, just a lot of embarrassment on my end." I say chuckling, I really do seem weak.

"No matter what, I'll protect you. The moment I saw you, I thought you were different. You were still a fan of us, but you didn't try to cling to us," I look up to see him smiling softly. 

"I do have some questions though. Why do you like our group, and who is your favorite?" He asks me curiously.

"Of course I like your group because you're all good looking," I pause to see his reaction. He seemed upset and disappointed, "but I mainly liked your personalities and music. You all had perfect line distributions, simple sub-units, and all of your voices were so unique." I say to him.

"I see, but who's your favorite?" He asks once again. "Originally I liked Kung, but I think your making it to my favorites list." I say, still watching his reaction.

"That's good, do you want to get dressed now. I've been avoiding eye contact because of all the skin your showing.." he says with a small laugh. My cheeks heat up hotter then a California summer day. "Do you mind setting me down, and turning around?" I ask him awkwardly.

"Sure" he simply replies before gently putting me down, closing his eyes, and turning around. I grab a revealing simple outfit they keep for emergencies, which in my case I'd say was an emergency.

I slip on the revealing outfit as fast as I can. The outfit is adidas shorts and a fabric bra. What the heck am I covering anymore? "You can... turn around I guess." I say putting one hand on my shoulder awkwardly.

He turns around, and is wide-eyed but still blushing a lot. "What does that cover, besides your chest and other area?" He asks only looking at my eyes. I got to give it to him, he has good self control. A lot of guys I've seen do their best to look at my body rather then my eyes.

I'm not saying all guys are like that, some guys like Mingyu aren't. "I honestly qu stilted that as well, I might as well be walking in a bra and underwear." I say seriously.

We both laugh before the rest of the boys come in. "Are you al-" I hear Eugene say before all of us fall completely silent. "I didn't know you guys were that close... sorry for interrupting." He says winking at us.

"Wait! You got it wrong! This is the emergency outfit they supplied me with after the incident I had... we were just lsughing at how revealing it was" I say trying to convince them. "Why didn't you just wear what you were wearing before? This outfit isn't much better to be honest..." Kung adds.

"Because the only thing I was wearing was underwear and a shred up bra and shirt." I say completely not embarrassed. "Which if you or Mingyu even mention once, I will personally rip your eyes out." I warn, and boy was I serious.

"Won't tell a soul." They both say before laughing. "Enough of that, I'm going to my mom's office  to ask if they transferred all my stuff over to my room. Where are the kids?" I ask noticing they're not in the room.

"Behind us. They listened in on the whole conversation." Jinwoo informs me. "Ah... sorry about that kids... especially Eli and Evan..." I say trying not to laugh.

"Welp, please watch them for me, I'll be back. If you don't mind, Molly, can you come with me?" I ask before Molly answers an excited "Sure!" 

"Wait! I think one of us should come with you, because if the... outfit you're wearing, some guys might try to attack you." Mingyu adds just as I'm leaving. "Alright, how about you come with me? You've already seen me almost naked anyway," I add in.