Chapter 1: Day of parting

Start from the beginning

With that I left their house and walk to the woods. While walking I notice someone was following me.
(Y/N): Hey Qrow stop following me.
Qrow dropped down a tree.
Qrow: I heard what you were talking with them. Let me help you!
(Y/N): No. Like I said this is my mission. I have a favor to ask you though.
Qrow: what?
(Y/N): Please protect my soon to be child and Train her in fighting.
Qrow: You're talking like you're not gonna comeback from this.
(Y/N): Heh, I only meant it as a "just in case something happened to me." statement.
Qrow: .....Sure. You owe me drinks though.
(Y/N): *chuckles* Don't worry, I'll treat you when I comeback.
Qrow: You better.

I two-finger salute Qrow then left. I continue my walk to the hangar bay. I got onto a bullhead and told the pilot the coordinates. While traveling I got a call from Ozpin.

Ozpin: Hello my friend. I wish you luck in this mission.
(Y/N): Hehe, I need all the luck I could get....,Ozpin I have a favor to ask.
Ozpin: What is it?

Time skip

I limply walk through the forest all bloody and bruised. I held thorn using my right hand. Damn White Fang! They just had to shoot the bullhead down. As I was limply walking I heard screams and smell smoke. I muster up all my strength and run to where the voice came from. It was coming from the Village that I was suppose to help. But...it's been overrun by Grimm....and White Fang! I look around and saw a little Faunus girl was cornered by an Ursa. Where there is fire there is smoke! I manipulated the Smoke coming from a burning house. I formed a giant hand and used it to grab the Ursa. I closed my hand which in turn the smoke hand crushed the Ursa it was holding. (Author: If you don't get it, well (Y/N)'s semblance is Smoke manipulation and he could turn to smoke too) The girl turned and saw me. She rushed to my way.

(Y/N): Go get outta here.
The girl thanked me and then ran away. Time to do my job. I thought as I limply walk to the creatures of Grimm. A beowolf saw, it snarled and charged at me. I ready Thorn and I charged then stab the beowolf at the chest, I twist by blade which caused the beowolf to howl in pain. It resisted for a bit and was flaying it's arms about. The claws hit me which caused me to bleed more, after a while it went limp then it disintegrated. A couple of Whote fang soldiers saw me and fired their guns at me. I manipulated the smoke around me and form a big fist and then launch the fist at them. I was gonna charge at the White fang soldiers but I was thrown to a burning house by a Beringel. The Beringel pumped it's chest with excitement.

(Y/N): Che, what're you celebrating for ya monkey bastard.
I got up slowly and I felt that a piece of sharp wood dug itself on my left shoulder. I used my semblance and turned my body to smoke. The wood passed through my smoke body. I flicked it away and reform my body.

(Y/N): Okay that's it I'm gonna have to go Ape on you!
The Beringel roared and ran to me, I ran as well. I tighten my grip on Thorn I'll form some smoke around it. I stopped then form smoke spikes around the Beringel with it noticing. The Beringel ran faster, I put my hand down and all the spikes impaled the Beringel. The Beringel cried in pain and it's limp body slid through the ground. The body stopped in front of me and I put my foot on it's face.
(Y/N): Heh, looks like I stopped you from Monkey-ing around. *sigh* If Summer hears this puns I'm sure she'll be upset.
???: HELP! HELP!

I look to where the voice was coming from. I saw White Fang soldiers capturing Faunuses from the village. Wait...that's the girl I saved earlier! I pressed a button on Thorn's handle and then the half Thorn's blade became a grappling hook. I shoot at the White Fang grabbing the girl. The hook caught him and I yanked Thorn which caused the White Fang soldier to fall on the ground.