Chapter 2: The New Death

Kurai's pov.

       I opened my eyes and saw nothing just a black space. I thought my eyes were closed but then i saw my hand. "Where am I" i tol myself. "Your in nothingness" avoice said and saw a person with a black cloak. "Um...who are you?" i asked. The firgure then removed the hood showing that it was a man. He had black hair and red eyes he looked like a handsome 20 year old.. " I am death child." the boy said. "Not to be rude but aren't you to be like a skelaton or something?" i ask.

      "Those are just what you humans think I would look like." death said. "Ohh so your here to take my soul?" i ask. he then began to laugh. "Um why are you laughing?" i asked. "This is the first time I saw someone not get scared hahaha! I like you already kid!" he said.

         He then calmed down. "But no I am not here to take your life. I have a deal for you." he said. "A deal?"i asked. "Yes a deal. I will let you live a new life in another life but you would have to do my work on getting rid of those a** holes who keep sending more work for me to do" death said. "So you want me to kill them?" i aksed. " Yeah. Just like an assasin. Don't worry though you would have some of my powers but the rest you would have to learn your own." death said.

     "Ok but why me?" i asked. "To be honest I didn't agree at first but some stupid angel said you deserved another chance in life. Im ok with it now though." death said. "Ok" i replied. "Good now hold my hand" he said. I then did as I was told.  There was then a bright flash. When I opened my eyes I was in a forest.

      "Welcome to the new world kid." death said but I couldn't find him. "Death where are you?" i asked. "Down here kid"he said. I looked down and saw a black scythe. "I'll be your weapon for now we can also talk through our minds." he told me through my head. "Cool" i thought. "Ok first things first "death said turning back to what he looked like."Im gonna have to train you and your powers. I don't care that your 10 years old so get ready."death said with a smile.

~A year later~

   So far death taught me how to fight,wield a scythe and sword, and other skills. " Your a fast learner. It's only been a year and you could be stronger than a professional hunter."death said. "What's a hunter?" i asked. " A hunter is a licensed profession for those who specialize in fantastic pursuits such as locating rare or unidentified animal species, treasure hunting, surveying unexplored enclaves, or hunting down lawless individuals." death said.

    " Cool can I be one" i asked. " Well your still not tephe right age and I would still need to teach you something." Death said. "Please death" i asked giving him my puppy dog look. " Fine but I have certain conditions. Next year you would be old enough to join so if you could master this new technique by then. Then I would let you go." Death said.

      "Yeah! Thank you death!" i said hugging him. " Ok,ok now calm down" he said. " So what are you gonna teach me?" i asked. " Nen"

~Another Year Later~

      I have finally mastered nen and just in time too. "Hey kid before we leave to whale island for the hunter exam we have another guy to kill" Death said. I was horrified when I first killed but now it doesn't really affect me anymore. "Ok then who is it this time?" i asked.

     "Asheton Gray. Raper" Death said. "Another one? Fine" i said as death Transformed into a weapon.

     3rd Persons pov.

     It was midnight and Kurai was following the guys trail. He was then standing ontop of a girl who was cowering in fear. "P-please s-stop" the girl begged making the boy laugh. "Now now hold still this wont hurt a bit" just as the man said that he felt a prescence behind him. "W-who are you" the man said. The figure stepped out and was dressed in all black holding a scythe not answering his question.

      He then looked at the figure in recognition. "W-wit your-" but before he could finish the figure already swept the scythe taking his soul. " Y-your the reaper" the girl said. The figure then was slowly walking away from the girl but not before saying the reapers al so famous line " May we meet again, When its your time to die" the figure said then dissapeared.

    The reaper, thats what they called her. She was the new Death of thisnew world and there was nothing she could do about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how'd ya like it. don't worry the next chapter will be the hunter exam and stuff already. Anyway thanks for reading bye~