twenty-four: In Which There's an Angel

The angel Afriel was the patron of Youth.

Since the moment of his creation, he was appointed to guide the souls into their infant bodies, and in his free time, he would watch over the children.

But this job wasn't as great as he hoped, and Afriel had appealed to the Circle in hopes of furthering his responsibilities. The Circle agreed to his proposal.

Ria Emmers was a special case for Afriel because she was the first spirit whom he created by himself.

What Afriel did not know, however, was the guilt he would feel for every wrongful thing that happened to his creations. These wrongful and evil things he could not control.

"Stand down, Afriel," Kylez instructed as she approached the brooding angel. "The Circle will not forgive you if you intervene."

"Look at her Kylez," Afriel pointed down and through all the commotion, the Angel zeroed in on a girl chained to a cellar.

"She's not human,"

"But she's is."

"Afriel, no," Kylez placed a hand on his shoulder. "Anytime an Angel intervenes with humans there is a high price to pay."

"But she is my responsibility, Kylez. That is the first of my spirits, the one I created. She's seen much evil and darkness in her life, I can-"

"She bears the mark of the Trinity, Brother. Ying, Yang and Wuji would declare a war."

"They declared war when they placed that mark on her," Afriel narrowed his eyes and stepped away.

He prepared his wings for flight. "I can fix her."