16. Comfort - Marin x Chat Noire

Requested by _Kittypop_

Comfort - Marin x Chat Noire

Adrienne POV.

Today is the day! Without despair or doubt! Today is the day I confess to Ladybeetle my feelings for him!

I'm waiting for him on one of the roofs in Paris now,where I asked him to meet me.

Suddenly a lot of thoughts pass through me. If he does not come? If he refuses me? If he loves someone else? If he laughs at me? ... No! He would not do that ... he cares about me.

Chat?

I turned around and looked at the Ladybeetle behind me.

Why did you call me? He asked me.

Okay, now it's now.

I just wanted to confess something. We have known for a long time. We are good friends and friends, but we want to be something else.

I don't think I understand what you're saying. The confusion on his face causes me a moment of hesitation, but I will not give it back. I closed my eyes and kept talking.

I want to say that I want to be more than friends. You're the most incredible guy I've ever met. You are smart, handsome, sweet and courageous. In conclusion, I wanted to tell you that ... I love you.

Once I had finished speaking, I could feel the weight disappearing from my shoulders, but when I opened my eyes, Ladybeetle seemed shocked and in his eyes I could see ... regret ?!

Chat ... I like you a lot. You are a good friend and I couldn't save Paris without you. We will always be a team and I don't want to hurt you, but I can't lie to you. I do't feel the same as you. I am sorry.

I felt the tears gather in the corner of the eye and I quickly wiped them off.

It's ok. I understand.

Are you okay, Chat?

Yes I'm good. I have to go.

Before he tried to say something, I jumped off the roof.

Marin POV.

I feel horrible. I saw the tears falling on her cheeks. I don't want to hurt her. I care a lot about her ...

I jumped over the roofs until I got home. I'm transforming back to Marin and lying on the bed.

Tikki ...

What happened to Marin?

I feel horrible ... I did not want to hurt her, but she worths someone who cares about her more than a friend.

You did what you had to do, Marin.

* knock knock *

Huh? I got up from the bed and went to the roof. Chat stood in front of the door.

Chat? Are you alright? I let her to get into my room. After a few moments of silence I asked her again.

Kitten, what happened?

Well ... I ... today I told Ladybeetle what I feel for him but ...

I don't like where this conversation is going ...

... but he doesn'!t love me ...

At the end of the sentence, Chat broke into tears. The guilt was thrown into my heart like a knife. I wrapped my arms around her quickly and hugged her tightly. She was crying on my shoulder, her tears licking my shirt, but I couldn't care less about it. My kitten suffers and it's only my fault ...

Shhh. Everything is well. I'm here.

I feel like a bastard.

We stood embraced until she stopped crying. She lifted her head and looked into my eyes for a while. Our faces were a few centuries away. She bent with shyness and kissed me.

Thank you for always being here for me.