Chapter 4

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  

Knockout had suggested moving to a more secluded room where he could explain his theories and perform the tests without interruptions. The two mechs and the small human moved to a different part of the Medbay, where the curious audio receptors of the vehicons couldn't pry. Rafael noticed how, like all the other rooms he's seen on the Nemesis, it consisted of dark and depressing colors. In the room, there were two computer terminals that were positioned on either side of the two large medical berths, while a third terminal laid between said berths. On the wall, a familiar black cord with purple highlights was looped on a hook. It was the cord used for a cortical psychic patch.

Rafael's glass container was put down on one of the metal berths. The young human fell over when Knockout had laid his container on its side. The boy had to put his glasses back on before he could stand up again and face his captors, or at least try and face them. Due to his container being a cylindrical shape, he had to focus his balance so he wouldn't roll the container, and him, off the berth.

The container's lid was removed and the human felt the slightest change of more air rushing in. Then, thin metal claws reached inside and quickly grabbed him before he could move away. Rafael squirmed in the cold servo, but Knockout's grip was too tight and thus he gave up quickly.

"Indulge me, Doctor," said the Decepticon Warlord.

"Well," Knockout started as he moved over to the central computer terminal. "To be straightforward with you, I doubt you'll be able to control his body like you could a terrorcon." Rafael noticed how the medic spoke to Megatron without fear. The boy presumed it was because he was the only other medic beside Ratchet on Earth.

Rafael paused when he recalled what Knockout had said instead of how he had said it. 'Control my body?' He didn't like the sound of that.

"But..." Knockout continued. "Due to the fact that you both have dark energon running through you, there is a chance you'll be able to do something, I'm just not sure what exactly." He paused, shrugged, and then said nonchalantly: "That or he could die."

"He is an interesting specimen, it would be a shame if he perished." Megatron let a toothy grin occupy his faceplates for a moment. The warlord then looked down at the young human, who was now standing on the berth. Shortly after, the Decepticon insignia that rested above his spark began to pulse with a subtle purple hue. His optics too glowed a shade of purple.

At first, nothing happened, but then Rafael started to feel a little warm. In fact, it was like his body-temperature was heating up. Any fear he felt before was now pushed to the back of his mind as he clasped his head with one hand, swaying slightly in his stance. His head was reeling and he began sweating tremendously.

Knockout blinked with interest as he watched the organic's actions.

However, Rafael was blind to all outside presences. He was too focused on the massive headache that hit him. He reached up with his other hand and now both were gripping the side of his head. Whimpers of pain began to escape him before they turned into moans and then howls of anguish. His heart began aching as well and he collapsed to his knees. The pain was so much and his body felt like it was going to burn from the inside-out, yet he couldn't pass out. It was as if there was something keeping his body from doing so; influencing it not to give into its natural functions.

Knockout shifted a little nervously as he listened to the pained sounds the young organic made. "Um... Lord Megatron, perhaps you should -"

"No," He interrupted, not wavering in his concentration. He was so close, he could feel it. He wasn't sure what he would accomplish by doing this, but he knew that he was about to achieve something useful if he continued for just a little longer. "Not yet."