The Dream Holiday

Greyson Chance. He's the guy that I can't stop thinking about, can't stop listening to.  This awesome, cool, down-to-earth cool dude who has a baby face, modest pink lips and sparking brown eyes that reveal a persona of a 15 year old boy full of kindess and caringness, never letting fame or money get into his head.

I LOVE Greyson Chance and I wish I could meet him, so badly. He's so young and talented and good looking and he's the guy of my dreams! He's the subject of my daydreams. I keep daydreaming of him and me, sitting by a rock or in a cave, watching the warm, orange sun sink below the horizon, slowly lulling the world to sleep by covering it with a blanket-a night sky full of blinking, dazzling stars.

However, THAT wild dream will never happen. I'm just a regular 14 year old Asian, with long black, boring hair and a really not-good-looking-body from Singapore, with no special talents compared to him. Will a celebrity like him ever like me? I think not.

However, everything changed when Dad came home last night. He had come back from a company dinner/anniversary/party and announced to us that he had won the jackpot prize! Imagine how I felt about this. I couldn't even keep my excited screams in. The prize  that he had won was a 2 week trip to New York and a 14 day 13 nights stay at New York Seaside hotel! Thank god it's the December school holidays! 

"But you have to finish all your homework, or you'll be grounded there," lectured Mum. 

"But Mum!" I groaned.

"No 'buts'. Plus, we're leaving in a week's time, so you have enough time to finish your homework. And, if you do it well, we're going to give you a special treat. It's also because you performed very well this year, Ira," Mum said.

"OH MY GOD. What is it?!" I jumped up and down in excitement.

"What's that band you like so much? Mindless Behaviour?" Mum asked.

"We're going to book a concert there for you. Perfect that it's on the second night we arrive there," Dad said.

OH MY GOD. MINDLESS BEHAVIOUR! However, I would want more than anything to go to a Greyson Chance concert.

"But I like Greyson Chance better..." I said, a bit unhappy.

"He's featured there," said Idiot, my annoying, pimple-faced, stupid, annoying, ugly, annoying elder brother, who's 20.

"Didn't ask you, but that's great news!" I exclaimed.

So here I am, packing up for the trip, and we're going to leave for the airport in an hours' time. I CAN'T wait. Although I'm not too happy about bringing Idiot along. Me and him equals disaster dream holiday.

The flight is thirteen hours long. With my earphones and iPod, I spend most of the time on the airplane listening to music and sleeping. Soon, the plan arrives in New York. I look out the window. It is night, but the scene is beautiful. The stars are shining and the city lights are bright and beautiful. 

After we leave the airport, we board a taxi that is waiting especially for us and we go to the five star hotel, New York Seaside Hotel. It's simply magnificent. Like I had expected, there is a fountain at the entrance and many beautiful statues placed around the hotel. There is a pool and of course, a beachside kind of bar. I spend some time looking around while Dad checks in to the hotel. 

Idiot and I are sharing the room, sadly. Well, you can't everything in life. Dad, Mum and Nelly's sharing a room and it is slightly bigger than ours', but nevertheless, our rooms are spectacular! There's a big window that opens out to the sea and the beds and sheets feel so silky. There are many snacks placed on a counter and the dressing table is beautiful, decorated with ornaments. There's also a large screen TV placed in front of our beds. The bathtub is huge and I immediately grab some extra toothbrushes and some lotions and soap. I'm sure they'll refill it in the morning. 

I could spend the whole night watching TV, but I'm tired and sleepy after the 13-hour flight. Then, I catch Idiot's eye. He and I are thinking the same thing. Without a second to lose, I dash to the bed nearest to the huge window. 

"Ha! Slowpoke! I got a better bed, I got a better bed!" I tease him, sticking my tongue out and flopping onto the  bed, satisfied. Idiot just grumbles and lies on the bed, snapping out his phone.

"You're gonna get it Ira. You just wait," He says before turning onto his side. I poke him, yelling him switch off the light. But we just wrestle to the death before Dad comes over and scolds both of us before switching off the light.