Thirteen: "I'm Sorry"

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I nodded again, "I'm fine," wow. My voice sounded like hell.

He nodded, "That's good," he examined me for a moment. "Do you know where you are?"

I nodded, "The hospital,"

He stared at me. "Do you know why?" he asked.

I stared at him. "I was shot,"

He nodded, "Do you know who shot you?" I shook my head and he nodded again. "Ok. No pressure. Can you sit up?" I shook my head. "That's perfectly fine. Does anything hurt?"

"My shoulder," I nodded towards my left side as I watched him.

"We'll get you some pain relievers, ok?" I nodded and watched him turn to the nurse.

When he turned back, it was my turn to ask some questions. "Where is my wife?"

He stared at me. "She left yesterday,"

I stared at him. "She was here?" he nodded. "Nobody told me?"

He continued to stare at me, then he sighed. "Camila," he paused for a moment. "When you came in, you were suffering from blood lose. You got shot near your heart and you had lost a lot of blood. Due to that, and us trying to stop the blood, we couldn't do anything and we lost you for a while," he stared at me as I processing the information.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say because I couldn't say anything. It was like I was on mute and no matter how hard I tried to talk, I couldn't.

The nurse came back in and handed me a cup of water and a pill.

"Try to sit up, ok?" the doctor informed.

I took a deep breath and tried to sit up, but even the slightest movement sent a sharp pain through my shoulder and I yelled out in pain then laid back down.

"Try leaning your head up instead," he watched me as I did what he said.

I leaned my head up and swallowed the pill while drinking some water. I handed the cup to him and laid my head back down. I stared at the ceiling with this pain going through my shoulder, waiting for it to stop.

I looked back at the doctor, "Have you contacted my wife?" I watched as he looked at me.

He shook his head, "Not yet. You just woke up, but I will personally contact her," I nodded. "I'll be right back," he walked out of the room.

I sighed and laid there feeling numbness through my shoulder. Those pills worked so damn fast and I'm happy for it. That pain was a little too much for me to bare.

As I laid there, I started feeling sleepy. I didn't think twice before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

*

I woke up to the same sound and when I opened my eyes, I was again blinded by that same bright light. I blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted and I looked around the room.

Again, nobody was in here.

I didn't know how long I've been asleep so I don't know if the doctor got ahold of Lauren or not, but this aching in my heart hopes that she's on her way or at least already here.

I heard a slight knock on the door and I held my breath as it opened, in hopes for Lauren to walk through, but was surely disappointed when it was the doctor.

He smiled at me and walked to the bed, "Feeling any better?" he asked as he looked me over.

I shrugged but then regretted the decision as pain shot through my shoulder. I winced in pain and looked at him, "I don't know. I guess a little," I wasn't feeling any better, but the pain wasn't bad unless I moved.