Chapter 19

August 30

Currently, Janae, the boys, and I (along with our guardians) are going last minute school shopping since school starts in less than a week.

(In New York school starts on September 5th... well, my school did. Everyone's is different tho)

We all procrastinated up until this point because we were all enjoying summer way too much to even think about school.

So right now we are all in Staples, getting our supplies that our supply list said we needed to acquire for this new school year.

Usually what I do is just buy a binder that will fit each class that I'm taking. They normally have folders and a pencil case in it so I never have to buy a book bag or anything.

But this year, Joe got me a red MCM bag for school so I'm definitely putting that to good use.

"Melo, just pick a binder and let's go." Gelo groaned in annoyance.

"You can leave because I don't even know why you're here. I don't know why Eli and Zo is here either because all of y'all grown as hell. And Zo isn't even in school anymore." Melo snapped which was kind of funny but I held in my laugh.

"Alright there big fella, we're gonna give you the card and we are gonna sit in the car. Don't lose or break anything because I will break you and then purposely lose you afterwards." Lavar patted Melo's back.

This time I couldn't hold back my laughter and started laughing my ass off. I don't know what's up with me today but I'm in such a good mood.

"Yeah yeah." Melo picked up a red binder with a velcro strap and put it in the cart. I picked up a grey binder but mine was bigger, had different material, and it opened and closed with a zipper.

Janae got a blue one and dropped it in the cart as well.

Melo looked down in the cart and then back at Janae. He picked up the binder and gently handed it back to her.

Confusion took over her face as she looked at the binder.

"What?"

"What do you mean what?  I'm starting to think you and your cousin are wannabe crips. All this damn blue." He put it back on the shelf and picked up a light pink one.

He held it up to her face and shook it. "Now this, is what you can get."

"Boy if you don't get yo cheese smelling fingers out of my face. What you can do though, it put that pink one back and gently place my blue one back or else I will break your fingers." She said calmly which made it even more scarier.

"Why are you guys so goddamn violent, Jesus." He picked the blue one up again and put it in the cart with a stank face.

"Such a disgrace." He said and rolled the cart away.

I look back at Janae and she just shakes her head.
"Your man's is a trip sis."

"Tell me about it."

We eventually finished shopping and got everything we needed, not missing one thing off of the supply list.