Chapter 18

August 23

Janae, Gelo, Eli, So, and I came up the stairs from the basement with all of Melo's gifts. We totally forgot that he had to open his gifts, so the moment they all came back from Gelo's orthodontist appointment, we made our way downstairs to get this boys gifts.

"Here you go spoiled brat." We dropped the bags in front of him and his eyes widen.

"Jesus Christ. How much did you guys spend?'

I let out a breath of air and wave him off.

"Don't worry about it, just open it." I laughed a little.

We all took a seat on the couches in the living room and watched him reach for the GameStop bag.

Of course.

He pulls out a controller and sets it on his lap, and reaches for the other one.

Eli sucked his teeth and flopped his hands up.

"How come I ain't get this on my birthday Kayla?." Eli crossed his arms and I laughed.

"Nigga your birthday is in January and I came here in June sooo... I didn't even know you existed." I laughed a little bit.

"That's not a good enough excuse." He leaned back and outed with his arms still crossed like a little kids. We shook our head at him and paid attention to Melo.

"I pre orders 2k18 for you too so that should be coming around like next month or so." His eyes lit up and he ran over to hug me.

"Yo you're the best girlfriend ever." Melo said.

I didn't know that he asked me to be his girlfriend. As far as I know, I'm single ☕.

I shook it off and laughed.

He sat back down and continued to open all of his stuff which was mostly clothes and his sneakers that I bought him. He nearly had an heart attack when he opened the Jordan shoe box.

Last but not least, he went into the Pandora bag and opened the two boxes with his earrings in it and his chain with a basketball charm on it.

"Ooh these shits cold bro." Melo said as he held them in his hand, looking at them.

"Yea I'm finna have to snatch those from you when you sleep." Zo said, looking at them as well.

"Bitch you thought." I laugh because Melo is always calling him a bitch.

"Anyways thank you so much Kay." He came over and hugged me one more time and I smiled.

Melo likes to keep his bags so I folded them and we brought them upstairs to his room.

I flopped on the bed and got under his covers, watching him as he put his clothes away, while everyone went downstairs.

I was scrolling through Instagram, unfollowing some people from Brooklyn that I don't associate myself with anymore and answering some Dm's.