Chapter 20

September 5th

A groan echos my room as I heard a the annoying alarm go off, awakening me from my deep sleep.

I reach over to turn my alarm off and roll back into the corner of my bed.

I guess I'm not going to school today.

The moment I was about to fall back to sleep, I heard my phone ring.
I pick up my phone and squint my eyes at my bright screen to see Melo trying to FaceTime me.

I unplug my phone from the charger and answer his call.

"What do you want kid?" I groaned and tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes.
"It's time to get up ugly." He said as he sat up in his bed.

"I don't want to though." The last words came out as a weird groan because I was stretching causing Melo's head to look at me weird.

"Come on." He said, making his way down his hall to get to his bathroom.

"Ugh, you're so annoying."

"You're not missing the first day of school so get up."

"Yea yea, talk that talk Melo." I got up and walking to the bathroom that is connected to my room and set my phone up on the little shelf in my shower.

Me and Melo have started to do this thing where we FaceTime in the shower, but before you get any ideas, the way the shelf is located, it only allows my phone to show just above my chest.

I took my laptop and set it on the counter, so I can play music.

After I got everything set up, I undressed and got in the shower.

"Babe." I said to get Melo's attention while he brushed his teeth.

He raised his eyebrow as if saying "huh." And then I continued with my question.

"What scent should I use today." I held up a Japanese Cherry Blossom body wash and my Beautiful Day body wash in the camera.

"The blue one." He mumbled the best he could as he brushed his teeth.

Beautiful Day it is I guess.

I squeezed some onto my loofah sponge and scrubbed my body.

I danced and sung in the shower while Melo took his as well.

Run Me Dry by Brysen Tiller started playing through my laptop speaker and my hips instantly started moving.

"I think she love me, cause I got that check on me. Wanna spend the day and flex on me. Put a curse and hex on me, scratch out me name, put the X on me." I pointed at Melo.

He shook his head and laughed.

"Wash ya ass instead of shaking it."
I threw my head back as I laughed at his stupidity.

"You know this song fire though. Don't even lie." I said to him.

"Like I said, wash ya ass."