Chapter 25

September 26th

The bell finally rung which signaled the school day was officially over. It seemed like the day dragged on and it would never end. I hated days like that.

Janae and I made our way to Melo's car so we go home. He skipped 9th period so he just stayed in his car for the majority of the time.
I was a good girl and stayed in my study hall with Don and Quan while Melo skipped with O.

I opened his door and sat down in the passenger seat and Janae sat in the back.

"How was being a delinquent?" I asked as I put my seatbelt on.
He sucked his teeth and started the car.
"I saw some baddies and got their numbers."

I looked back at Janae who already looked up from her phone to witness me beat his ass.

"Deadass?" I raised my eyebrow.

"So deadass."

I can't tell if he's being serious or not, so I reposition myself so I can look at him more clearly.
"LaMelo let me see your phone please." I held my hand out and caught the phone when he plopped it in the palm of my hand.

I press the home button so my fingerprint can go through and pressed the contact icon.

I saw 4 unfamiliar female names in his contact and my stomach dropped.

"LaMelo, who is Haniyah, Jessica, Patricia, and Elizabeth?" I say slowly.

"I told you, I met some baddies and got their phone number."

I lift my hand up and connected my hand with his face. The sound of the impact echoed through the quiet car along with Janae gasping in the back.

"Yo what the fuck?! What the hell you slapping me for?!" He yelled.

"Are you crazy, what the fuck do you mean? Do you hear yourself?! You got 4 girls numbers, not one, but four and you're talking to me like I'm not your girlfriend which I'm not about to be in a couple minutes. I should smack you again for acting stupid!" I screamed.

"Hurry the fuck up and get me home before I make you crash this car." I tried calming my breathing so I wouldn't punch him in his chest.

"Does this mean I'm not coming over?" He had the nerve to ask me.

"You have two seconds to get me home or I'm punching you in your fucking head LaMelo." The car roared as he pressed his foot harder on the gas pedal.

We pull up to my house and I throw him back his phone. I grabbed my bookbag and slammed his car door.

"I hope they enjoy the taste of my pussy when they kiss your bitch ass." I opened the door and closed it behind me.

"Woah, what is going on?" Joe came out the kitchen with a bowl of fruit in his hand.

"LaMelo got some girls numbers and he's talking about it like I'm not gonna flip the fuck out." I ball my hands up into a fist, trying to calm myself down.

"So he's talking to you about getting girls numbers?" He asked as he sat down on the couch, crossing his legs. He popped a raspberry in his mouth and engaged himself with he conversation.