Chapter 12

REWRITTEN

LOGAN

Why did I have to get drunk again?

The reason why parties didn't work for me: I ended up wasted. Alcohol wasn't my strongest suit. I never knew how to handle it. I was wasted.

My vision blurred, but I could make out the girl coming towards me: Claire. Claire in her really, really tight black mini skirt. It ended below her ass. And a gold crop top.

She'd been after me ever since we'd made out that one time. Easy to say, she was pissed off when I kissed another girl the next night. Not that she had the right to be jealous. We'd never been a thing.

"Hey, Logan," she said with a purr.

Could she even see from under all that makeup? I didn't give a rat's ass about girls and makeup, but Claire was another level. She looked like a British chav.

My girl wore makeup too, but not to that extent.

"Can't talk right now. We'll talk later."

Bullshit. I had time to chat but no appetite for it.

Claire grasped a hold of my shirt. "Logan, what's going on with you lately? You're a different person." Am I? "Is this about that girl you've been hanging out with lately?"

What was happening? Claire in her mini skirt and crop top didn't turn me on. Yet Clover in her fuzzy pyjama pants and a tank top did.

Damn, that was hot.

No, don't think about her.

"Who are you talking about?"

Oh, she was still there.

She put her hand on my chest and my skin turned cold. I didn't want her hand. "We can patch things up. I give great head –"

"Goodnight, Claire." Not a sliver of doubt. I walked off without looking back.

No way in hell was I going to take her up on any offer. I had my girl I could turn to if it came to it, but she wasn't ready and that was okay. I could wait. I'd lived without getting blowjobs my whole life; I could live a few more.

Next second, I was outside and vomiting in the bushes.

"Easy there, buddy." A pat on my shoulder.

"Fuck off, Adam." I wiped my mouth with a leaf. Convenient. Then shuffled through my pockets for my phone. But I couldn't unlock the darn thing.

Adam yanked it out of my hands. "Who are you trying to chat with?"

"None of your business. Give it back."

My drunk mind thought it would be a great idea to send Clover a naughty picture. I could easily unbuckle my pants right there. On the street. A bit illegal but necessary. I thought she might want me more then.

Sober me would've never agreed to that.

"No. I am not letting you drunk text. I know you, Logan. You once sent me a dick pic which I hope was an accident."

I groaned and fell on my butt. Adam The Ruiner of Everything.

He reached out a hand to help me up, but a voice interrupted us. A malicious voice I'd grown up hearing.

Jackson.

I couldn't handle seeing him now. He'd done enough damage in the lives of the people I loved. Every night I arrived late just to avoid him.

"Wait for me by the car," I told my best friend who nodded.

"I've not seen you in a bit. For a second there, I thought you'd run away." He clasped my shoulder. Too tight. "You know, I've been meaning to ask you something."