67

"Michael?" Anastasia lightly tapped her knuckles against the bathroom door."You alright in there, hon?"

A minute ago, outside, she saw Michael from afar making an unusual beeline towards the main house, and now he's locked himself in the bathroom.

"Yes." He spoke after a few seconds of quietness. He clears his throat then turns on the faucet."I was feeling a little nauseous. I thought I was gonna throw up."

She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall."Nervous?" She asked him through the door.

"A little." He answered in a sad tone."I just want to be alone for a little while."

"Okay, baby. I'll be outside. Call me if you need anything." She turned and left.

Michael sighed heavily then leaned over the bathroom sink and stared at himself in the mirror.

***

"Yeah, girl, the Michael Jackson Neverland." Anastasia overheard Sebastian say as she walked pass the activity booths."Yeah, he's my brother-in-law. And did I mention Anastasia is my sister?"

Her brows furrowed and an amused smirk tugs her lips. Her feet comes to a halt and she crosses her arms and stares at the back of his head.

"Why would I lie about this? Have I ever given you a reason not to trust me?" He asked the other person on the line."Brenda's a liar, I never had any interaction with that girl....Alicia is too."

Anastasia scoffed.

"Cheyenne, come on." He whined."You know you're the only one."

Anastasia slowly crept up beside him and said into the phone."I thought you said I was the only one." She complained in a high pitched voice.

Sebastian jumps and he fumbles with his phone.

"Shit." He quickly placed the phone back to his ear. When he receives no response he tucked his phone into his pocket."Anastasia, why would you do that?"

"What are you bragging for?" Anastasia questioned back.

Sebastian's face flushes."Oh, you heard that?"

"Yes, I heard that."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted my girlfriend to know. She's a huge fan of you and Michael's."

"Which one? Cheyenne, Alicia, or Brenda?"

He shrugs his shoulders uncaringly."They all are."

Anastasia's eyes buck and she playfully shoved him.

He laughs."I'm kidding. Cheyenne is my only girlfriend. Those other girls are just trouble."

"Mmhm. Do you give them reasons to be trouble?"

"Nah, they're just jealous of Cheyenne and I."

"Oh, I'm sorry if I caused any problems between you two."

He gave a short chuckle."Nah, I know this girl. She'll be calling back to curse me out in three...two..." As if on cue his phone rings in his pocket and he smiles."Told you." He pulls his phone out and walks away."Gir—Cheyenne, that was Anastasia...I swear!"

"Hey Ana-stay-sha?" A deep, husky voice called behind Anastasia.

She glanced over her shoulder and saw Gwendolyn's husband, Felix, approaching her.

She instantly returned her gaze back to the balloon making booth."What do you want man?" She muttered under her breath, annoyed.

He stopped beside her."Hey. We didn't get a chance to fully introduce ourselves, I'm Felix."

"Anastasia."

"Oh, I pronounced it wrong. I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted, Flex." She responded, watching the professional balloon maker transform rubber into a miniature cat.

He chuckled."I see what you did there."

Anastasia finally cuts her eyes to him and she examines his facial features.

He looked good for his age. He had a fitted body, a head full of wavy hair, green eyes, and a charming smile. He could pass for thirty-eight.

He smiled warmly at her and she turned her attention back to the balloons.

"Can I see that?" Felix asked one of the balloon makers, pointing at a long, skinny, orange balloon.

"You can make balloon animals?" Anastasia asked, interested.

"Yes." He answered with a cocky smirk, twisting the ends.

She arched a brow and crossed her arms, waiting to see how this will play out.

"Really?"

The balloon suddenly pops and a real laugh escapes Anastasia's mouth.

"Okay, I lied." He chuckled, looking down at the remains on the grass.

Her laughing dies down and she notices him staring at her with a soft look in his eyes.

She breaks eye contact with him when she receives a phone call from a worker from the adoption agency saying that Ariel is right down the road.

"Okay, thank you. Bye-bye." She hangs up and smiles widely at the phone."Ariel is almost here. I need to get everyone ready. Can you spread the word for me while I look for Michael?"

He nods."Yes."

"Thank you." She turned and quickly walked back to the house. As she was about to open the door, it swings open and she comes face to face with Juliet.

Anastasia arched a brow at her."What are you doing in the main house?"

"Just exploring." She said with a taunting smile then fully walked outside.

Anastasia watched her then shook her head and entered the house."That girl gives me a funny vibe."

She turns the corner and almost smashes into Michael."Hey," She beamed at him. She rubbed his arm in a comforting way."feeling better?"

He nods then forces a smile."Yes."

"Good. Ariel is just seconds away. We need to get ready to surprise her." She interlocks her fingers with his and pulls him outside.

Friends and family were already formed into a crowd and Anastasia and Michael stood in the front.

Anastasia was doing a little happy dance when she looked over at Michael and saw him looking back at her. She noticed his eyes were trying to tell her that something was wrong.

She stopped dancing."Are you sure you're okay?"

A small smile comes onto his lips."I'm fine." He looks away to avoid her eyes.

She was going to question him again when the door opened and out stepped their princess.

"Welcome home, Ariel." The crowd cheered and Ariel's face lights up.

"It's my birthday again?" She asked and the crowd responded with laugher.

Michael and Anastasia walk over to her and Michael picks her up. They both kiss her cheek and the photographers snap pictures of them.

"Welcome home, baby." Anastasia singsongs, nuzzling her nose against Ariel's cheek.

Michael felt extremely happy at the moment, until his eyes moved to Juliet. And that feeling slowly began to faint and guilt took over.