28

(One month later)

Anastasia sat quietly in a private room with Michael and Lisa as they waited for the doctor to return with the paternity test results.

She had her hands in her lap and her head hanging low. She was too afraid to look at Michael.

Anastasia sighed while fiddling with her fingers. She then slowly looked up when she heard Lisa giggling and saw Michael kissing around her neck and whispering in her ear.

Anastasia knew he was only doing that to make her jealous so she looked away to show him it wasn't bothering her. Even though it was.

The door opens and Dr. Tate walks in.

He smiled then held up a clipboard."I have the test results. Mr. Jackson and Ms. Phillips."

Michael turned to look at Dr. Tate and Dr. Tate fixed his glasses then looked down at the clipboard.

He smiled then looked up."Congratulations, Mr. Jackson, you are the biological father of three-year-old, Ariel."

"What?!" Lisa squeaked in disbelief."No way. He can't be the father. That has to be a mistake."

Anastasia opened her mouth to snap at Lisa but instead closed her mouth and counted to ten.

No, Anastasia, you don't have time to argue with this bitch. Anastasia thought, rolling her eyes.

"It's not." Anastasia calmly said then stood up and fixed her purse on her arm."I hope you're happy now, Michael." She turned to Dr. Tate."Thank you, Dr. Tate."

She placed her shades on her face then exited the building. Not a word was uttered as she passed through the crowd of paparazzi.

***

Anastasia was in the middle of eating lunch in her living room when there was a knock on the door.

She rolled her eyes then stood up and looked through the peephole to see Michael.

"Michael?" She mouthed confused.

What the hell is he doing here? She thought.

After some seconds of debating whether or not to open the door, Michael knocks again.

She sighed then opened the door."What do you want?"

"Well hello to you too." He said and she rolled her eyes."We need to talk."

"You said you were done with me Michael. I don't believe there's anything we have to discuss. You're the father, now goodbye." She went to close the door when he stopped her.

"We need to talk about Ariel, Anastasia."

She crossed her arms."What about Ariel?"

"I'm going to adopt her, Anastasia."

Anastasia sighed."I don't think that's actually possible, Michael."

"She hasn't been adopted yet so I think it is possible, Anastasia." He said, stuffing his hands into his pockets."I have great attorneys and I'm willing to pay whatever I can to get her into my life."

"Okay, what are you telling me for?"

"When I get her--"

"If--"

"When." He corrected her with a serious face."When I get her, I want you to be in her life. She needs her mother."

Anastasia stared at him for some seconds then nodded."Okay."

"Good. I'll call you when I get some more information." He said then turned around and walked back to his car.

She watched him then closed the door and sighed.