Sidon x Reader - Unspeakable Fate

Start from the beginning

"Yes, this is (Name); she usually comes with me on long trips such as this one," Zelda said. You silently nodded and waved to them; walking into the Inn.

"So, about (Name)..." Zelda began quietly as soon as you were out of sight. Though, you could still hear them. "I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but she is selectively mute. This means she has the ability to speak but refuses to in most situations."

"I understand, Zelda." He mumbled.

"Good, then I'm off to bed. You should probably do the same." With that, you quickly hopped into the bed beside Link before Zelda saw you, and slept.

~~

The next morning, Zelda, link, and Sidon all went over to Vah Ruta to fix whatever was wrong with it. Meanwhile, you stayed behind. Not that you minded, but it had nothing to do with you. You were only there because the princess could always use more protection; even with Calamity Ganon destroyed.

So, instead of staying cooped up at the Inn all day, you left a note and decided to go out and relax farther down the river.

For a while, you just walked along the riverbank; enjoying the scenery. Then, you found a spot to relax, so you sat down and pulled a book out of your bag and laid down to read.

You stayed there for most of the afternoon; just reading your book until you noticed the sun was beginning to set. You sat up to see a red figure swimming in the river in front of you and jumped in surprise. "Did you know you hum quietly when you read?" Sidon wondered, and you shook your head silently. You used to sing a lot when you were younger, but it all stopped when you became mute. "I've come to inform you that link and the princess have fixed the issue with Vah Ruta, and are preparing to leave."

You nodded and stood up while placing your book in your bag. With that, you and Sidon walked back to Zora's Domain together.

"Ah, there you are, (Name)!" Zelda greeted kindly. "Link and I have already packed your things for you while you were away. Are you ready to leave?" You smiled with a thumbs up and grabbed the rest of your things. "Well, I suppose our work her is finished for now. Remember Sidon, if there are any more problems, you know who to contact."

"Of course! If anything else happens, you will be the first to know! Sidon exclaimed with that famous smile of his. "And, feel free to visit anytime." And just like that, the three of them left.

~~

"Hm... it's nice to have a day to myself every now and then..." Sidon hummed quietly as he floated gently in the water. Meanwhile, you ran her fingers through the waves as you sat silently on the grass beside the prince. You shot him a knowing look, and he chuckled. "Yes, I suppose I'm not by myself, am I?"

For the past eight months, you had been visiting Zoras Domain very often. She enjoyed the prince's company more than her own, even though neither of you had much of your own free time. But when you did, Sidon preferred to spend it with you, which is very sweet.

"Strange," Sidon began with his eyes closed. "Even though the domain has been quite cold
These past few days, your being here has certainly made it warmer."

You looked away and blushed a bit at his compliment. "What? Do not be so modest; it is alright to accept a compliment every once in awhile." Sidon said quietly. You simply shrugged and went back to playing with the water. Sidon sighed and looked off into the distance. "When Zelda mentioned to me about your condition... I assumed it would be difficult to communicate with you..." The prince explained nervously; drifting a bit closer to you. "But I was mistaken. In fact, I feel as though I'm able to understand you more than I understand most other people." At this point, you stopped what you were doing, and gave her full attention to Sidon. "I understand that you prefer not to speak, but I hope... I hope that someday you will try to let your walls down for me... I care about you more than you could ever know, and I vow to wait for you; as long as it takes."

Your heart began to beat rapidly while your eyes teared up. You couldn't remember a time where even Zelda had cared as much as this enthusiastic Zora has. It was so mind-blowingly adorable, and yet... you couldn't even tell him that...

But...!

Slowly, you leaned over to the calm Zora prince and - ever so quietly - you whispered hoarsely...

"Thank you..."

~~

So, uh. That's it. No more pre-written one-shots. Now, I can focus on some requests! I'm actually pretty excited (and extremely nervous) to write something besides Revali x readers. It's a new kind of challenge, I guess. And I'm not one to back down from a writing challenge! So, I guess I should ask you all to wish me luck...?