Revali x Reader - World's Apart

Start from the beginning

Wait, huh?

You looked down and hastily took the glorious fruit from her hands. For a moment you considered eating them with giving it much thought before something dangerous came to mind. "So, what exactly am I dealing with?" You questioned skeptically. "I'm assuming there's some kind of poison involved, so? Cyanide? No, that'd be too merciful. Maybe nightshade?"

"No, I can assure you these bananas were not tampered with. Though, if you are still skeptical, I'd be happy to eat one." She offered.

Your curious eyes wandered between the banana's and Zelda until you made your decision with a shrug. "I've already dug a hole this deep, so I guess I'll take my chances." You pulled off one banana and unpeeled it. "So, what do you want? If you came to get info, then you'd better just turn around." You mumbled as you took a bite.

"How unfortunate. I just ordered some more of those bananas that you enjoy so much. It seems they will go to waste now..." The princess sighed with her mouth covered; obviously hiding her smirk.

You stopped to look at the blonde heiress and sighed. "Using my only weakness against me, huh? That's cruel..."

~~

Over the next couple of weeks, the princess and her bribes had gotten you to speak. Granted, it wasn't very much, and you certainly didn't know everything. You only knew of the attack that happened a couple of days ago, and you already spilled the beans on that. Other than that, you really didn't know much. And in exchange for your cooperation, you were rewarded with mighty bananas; the most delicious of bargains.

You paced around the cell as you waited anxiously. Today, you had to give the princess more information. Yesterday, you told her that you didn't have anything else to tell her, but she saw right through your lie. The only thing you had left to tell her was the location of the Yiga's main base, and you went over the pros and cons of ratting out your dysfunctional family.

As your heart beat faster, the cell door opened, and you were greeted by one of the champions; Revali. You stopped your pacing to nervously ask, "Where's Zelda?"

Instead of answering straight, he asked you a question as well. "Would you go for a walk with me? I'd rather not speak here."

You smirked and walked down the dark hall with him. "What? Mr. Perfect can't sit in the dungeon for a few minutes?" You wondered mockingly; then you gasped. "Is the Rito Champion scared of a few criminals behind bars?"

He scoffed. "'Scared'? I don't believe I've ever been so insulted!"

"...You don't listen much, do you?" You both began up the stairs to a small, open area somewhere in the castle. As you walked through the long corridors, you could feel the nervous eyes watching your every move. Even without your yiga uniform, it seems word of your capture spread throughout the castle staff. And yet, you held your head with confidence. I am not the bad guy, you told yourself. I was doing what's right.

"So, (Name)," Revali began. "I'm quite curious as to why you assumed killing the princess would be a good idea? Let alone one that would work?"

You shrugged. "Take a guess; I'm a Yiga." You replied quietly. "Look, it's not my fault the royal family was afraid of the useful things we created. These damned royals are the ones who shut us out from the rest of society; I just decided to do something about it."

"Even so, maybe you should have checked the castle for anyone who might find your presence suspicious."

You rolled your eyes and laughed. "Yeah, no kidding. I've been yelling at myself for that."

"A Yiga who talks to herself? You're a new kind of crazy, aren't you?" Revali mocked. You said nothing, but he'd feel your wrath eventually.

The rest of the short walk was filled with quiet bickering and laughing at each other. Of course, you always took a moment to look around for a way out of this hell hole. It's taken you this long, but you were finally getting uncomfortable being in the palace.

Soon, you turned a corner into a room with the other champions inside. "What's all this for? Decided to kill me with an audience?" You asked.

"No, (Name). Quite the opposite, actually. I wish to make amends with the Yiga clan." Zelda stated. "We have been fighting for thousands of years, and I'd like to end this at the problem's only weak point: You."

You quickly stepped back. "Zelda, we can't just-"

"Become a Champion."

"W-What?"

She smiled. "You are still a Sheikah. You are resilient and resourceful. I'm sure you will make a great addition."

You were truly taken aback. How could this girl - the one you tried to murder - be so forgiving and trusting of you? You stood there for a moment before making your decision. Taking a deep breath, you spoke. "Alright, I accept your offer."

What followed next was somewhat of a celebration. You, Zelda, Daruk, and Mipha just talked about being a champion and whatnot. Apparently, there would also be a ceremony to make it official. Meanwhile, Revali and Urbosa were skeptical of you joining; thinking it was a terrible idea.

Within the days that followed, you were officially announced as a Champion; you even got a cloak in the Champion's color. It was lined lightly with white and had a Sheikah symbol on one of the bottom corners.

You became close with the champions; Revali in particular. You weren't sure why, but your mouths were always on about the other in a mimicking tone. Your insults would pass back and forth until late hours of the night. You could even be considered friends.

Of course, you couldn't keep up the 'angelic Sheikah champion girl' act for too long, or leaving would be that much harder on you and everyone else.

You stood solemnly in your comfortable, well-lit room in the castle. The princess had given you your own room in the palace, but she also put you under close surveillance. You supposed she didn't trust you right away after all. Though, tonight was the first night without a guard outside your door. Which meant tonight would be the night you leave.

You stared at the bag filled with your things and almost began to cry. With a deep breath, you pulled the hood of your cloak over your head and placed the bag on your back. Then, you opened a window and sat on the sill; feeling the gentle breeze blow past you. Just as you were about to jump, the bedroom door opened.

You turned your head with a hushed gasp. "R-Revali?"

Standing there was the arrogant Rito warrior holding a small bunch of your favorite yellow food. "You... didn't eat much at dinner, so I took it upon myself to bring you something you'd actually eat." He didn't seem surprised to see you leaving, but you could sense the despair in his voice.

You smiled sadly. "You always were such a bird brain, weren't you?" You turned all the way to face him. "Revali, I need you to understand that this is no one's fault but my own. I should never have become one of you, and I definitely shouldn't have tried to be friends with any of you. But, if it makes you feel any better, you won't be seeing my face around here for a while."

"It doesn't."

"Always gotta have the last word, don't you, champion?" You laughed softly before turning back towards the night sky. "Oh. And for the record," A tear fell, but your smile never faltered. "I always liked you." With those final words., your heart shattered as you made your escape into the night; leaving your closest friend behind.

Even months later in your old room hidden within the cave wall of the yiga hideout, your champion cloak remained in-tact; hanging on the wall to remind you of what could've been.

Another rare tear fell as a memory of you sparring with the Rito came to mind. "I hope he understands... I hope they all do..."