"Because your issue is with him. Never let the other girl see you sweat." Makayla explains. "The move was kind of desperate."

"Geez, thanks mom." Mara says sarcastically.

"You're welcome." Makayla gives her a light smile. "Anywho, what happened after that?"

Mara thinks about where she left off and continues. "The girl said that they were stressing over a group project but I smell a lie. After that, I just told Malachi that I couldn't be with him anymore because it was hard to trust him. He totally flipped the script on me and now I feel bad."

Makayla sits back in her chair and hums. "Two things."

Mara pulls her knees up to her chest, keeping her eyes on Makayla. "What is it?"

"He could very well not be cheating and you could be wrong. But, that's like a zero percent chance. We're never wrong." Mara laughs slightly. "Ok, now that I've gotten that out the way. The other part is that he is cheating on you. Flipping the script is to make you feel bad and he succeeded. The whole purpose is to get the heat off of him. Basically, he manipulated you. Love can be blinding so I can see how you didn't see that coming. I love Malachi like a son, hell I changed his diapers. But, he's a guy and I don't put shit past him. I think your feelings are valid and that's not me being biased."

Mara frowns again. "I don't wanna be right. I really hope I'm wrong."

"Sweetheart, it's the end of the world. You're sixteen years old and obviously having plethora of other options." Makayla refers to her phone call with CJ. "Do you think CJ is cute?"

"Cute ain't the word, ma." Mara shakes her head.

"Oop, excuse me then." Makayla gets up. "That's all that matters. You're fine as hell. You will bounce back in no time."

Chewing on her bottom lip, Mara suddenly felt a little better about the situation. "Thanks ma. Wise woman."

"Chile." Makayla shook her head. "Should have went to your Aunt Malia."

Mara laughs and puts her feet on the floor. "Leave Uncle Khari alone. That was years ago."

"You right." Makayla begins to walk out and pauses before turning back around. "How are you liking the ballet class?"

   Mara gives her a fake smile. "I love it." She lies.

She doesn't attend the class even though Makayla is paying for it. Mara still goes to her hip hop dance class.

She's still practicing for the VH1 awards which was next week. She just prays that her mom doesn't catch onto her before then. Mara's been dreaming moments like this and she refuses to allow anyone to mess it up.

     Even her mother.

"See, I told you." Makayla shrugs. "I made pound cake if you want some. I'm going to bed. Love you."

    "Love you too." Mara says as Makayla walks out of her room. She feels a headache coming on, but she is occupied by the thoughts of Malachi.

Picking up her phone, she sees that she still hasn't received a call from him. She calls him and his phone immediately goes to voicemail.