8

Who died? What happened? How did it happen? Was it Kanan or the Inquisitor or just another horrible crime that someone committed? Whatever it was, I just hope Hera will tell me some details when she gets back.

I heard footsteps come down the hall. I calmed knowing that it was going to be Hera.

   That was until the footsteps stopped in front of my cell to reveal a different woman.

   "Who are you?" I asked glaring at her. The woman smiled kind of like Hera. This woman had dark blue eyes and hair was so blond it almost looked white that went passed her shoulders. She was wearing a police uniform with a sheriffs badge on her left chest.

   "Most people call me Fulcrum but you can call me Ahsoka," the woman now know as Ahsoka reach her arm through the bars. She extended it out as if waiting for a hand shake. I gave her a look but stood up and walked over grasping her hand in mind shaking it.

   "Ok, what do you want?" I asked.

   "By any chance, is your name Ezra?" She asked and my eyes widen.

   "I'll take that as a yes then," Ahsoka noted. She pulled her arm back to her side.

   "What do you want from me?" I asked glaring once against drug clutching the bars.

   "Nothing," she admitted, "I heard about your parents and I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

   I raised an eyebrow, this was really creepy.

   "How did you know about that?" I asked.

   "The news, have to keep track on what's going on around the world these days," she said unlocking the cell door, "and I want to help."

   "Forget it, I'm not leaving without seeing Hera," I told her walking towards the other side of the cell and sitting up against the wall.

   "Alright," Ahoska agreed then shut the door, "then I'll see you later." She headed down the hall and left. I kept rethinking if this was a good or a bad idea. Should I of gone? Was there any other way? What am I doing?

   Everything is messed up. My decision-making through all of what has happened ever since Kanan found me-no, since my mother died. That took the cake, that's when my whole life fell apart.

   I could feel tears streaming down my face and quiet sobs rack my body. Why do I feel so small? So useless. So weak.

   Couldn't I do anything right with my life?

   Running from home and committed to the life on the streets. Going to jail multiple times just because I couldn't buy my own food or water. Getting sent back to my horrible parents. Then it all starts over again until finally, they didn't come back for me. Left me. Abandoned me in the terrible cell and did nothing to realize that I was hurting the whole time!

   I hugged my legs close and felt like hiding from the world.

   "Are you ok?" I jumped at the voice and looked up to see a girl standing in front of my cell, hands clutching the bars. Her face was written with worry and...pity?

   I quickly wiped any evidence of tear tracks away then nodded. I didn't trust my voice at the moment to crack or rasp.

   "Are you sure? I could always go get someone," the girl said gabbing her thumb down the hall.

   I got a better look at the girl. She had dyed her hair two colors, blue and orange. She also had light brown eyes.

   "Who are you?" I asked, letting the words roam freely.

   The girl pulled her lips back in a straight line, "I can't tell you."

   "Why? Is it a rule your mommy gave to you?" I said. I felt bad about saying it but honestly, it was hard to not say it at the same time.

   "In fact, yes," the girl said matter-o-factly tone and glared at me, "She did."

   I sighed, "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that." The girl gave me a questionable look before nodding, "It's ok but don't say it again or else I'm getting someone down here."

   I roll my eyes, "What are they going to do? Taser me and tell me to be a good boy? This isn't exactly my first cell I've been in if you couldn't tell."

   "Well, it is because you don't seem like the type to be behind bars," she admitted.

   Where have I heard something similar to this before? Hera.

   Now that I think and look a bit more harder, there is a resemblance of this girl with Kanan's daughter. Could this be her?

   "By any chance," I started, "Do you know Kanan Jarrus?"

   The girl gave me a look, "Yeah, my mom tells me stories of him."

   "Do you know that he's real?" I asked.

   "Yeah?" She said confused, "Where you going with this?"

   "Ok, can you tell me who he is?" I asked.

   The girl just stared at me for a moment, really thinking on what to do.

   "Well," she started, "He fought in the arm and had to take many risks even if it meant his life. He was brave and did many extraordinary things."

   I was caught off guard when she said 'was.' Did she know that he is alive? Did she know that her character in the story was her father?

   "One day," she continued, "He died trying to save someone he loved."

   I guess that's my answer.

   "He's not dead," I say randomly. The girl looks up at me.

   "What?" She said taken back.

   "He's alive," I said.

   "How do I know if you are lying?" She asked me. I stood up and walked over to the bars. Both of our eyes met as I said, "Go ask your mother what your father was like and compare every story she told you to him."

   The girl gave me a look that was almost impossible to read but turned, walking down the hall. I went back to my original spot and waited for something else interesting to happen.

I'm not sure how long it was until Hera returned.

"So, who died?" I asked catching her off guard.

"How did you know about that?" She asked.

"Let's just say, this isn't the first cell I've been in," I replied. Hera looked at me for a moment, "A man and woman were found dead."

I stood up and walked over to the bars then asked, "Can you describe them for me?"

"Why do you want to know?"

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Did I want to tell her my reasons? My eyes met hers for a moment and decided to speak.

"I think I might know and who killed them."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁