6

I ran into the elevator and pressed a button to go down. The doors slid shut and my breathing was abnormal. I reached into my hoodie pocket and rapidly squeezed the stress ball the relieve some stress to think more clearly for s moment.

How was he going to escape?

I didn't look around much to see if there were anything to help escape the place. I face palmed when so stupidly not looking for an escape root before going up. The police were probably outside waiting for me to swoop in and get caught.

I guess there is one thing good about this situation. Kallus isn't here to smirk upon my defeat.

The ding of the elevator brought me out of thought and immediately started to run for the door. I pushed it open and saw that the coast was clear then started to make a mad dash down the sidewalk.

Yet, I was cut off when the police arrived and blocked every escape point.

"Freeze! Put the gun down now!" A policeman said pointing his gun at me while using the car door as a shield. I froze and the gun slipped out of my hand then fell to the ground with a clatter. I just stood there and stared at everyone looking directly at me thinking...

Monster.

Psycho.

Deranged.

Yet...maybe I am. At least, that's what I think of myself when looking into my own reflection.

I felt a tight grips pull my arms behind my back and start pushing me forward to a squad car. Everything was in slow motion as I slid into the back of the car. The door shut and I looked out the window to see...him.

He was standing at the door and stared at me with a toothy smile that sent chills down my spine. That guy was trouble and I had a feeling things were about to to get worse. I glared at the man in the gray suit as the car started to move. I kept my glare until he was out of sight then faced forward and crossed my arms defensively.

   I can't believe that what my mind thinks at times. This was the stupidest, dumbest, and utterly weak stunt that I pulled. Now, I'm in a squad car being sent to jail and Kanan wasn't going to get me out of this one anytime soon.

   Why would he come back for me?

   Ever since he started protecting me, I've been nothing but trouble. I wonder why he's even kept me this long, no one cares enough for me to stay around to long. Not even my dad stayed when I caused trouble around the clock or even payed attention to me for the most part. That was ever since he married that snob called my step-mother. They never cared about me, that's why I ran.

I blinked back tears. Why does everyone treat me like I'm the enemy?

   Maybe...maybe I am the bad guy. I caused trouble with my parents and police officers back at my city. Kanan has been risking his life for me this whole time and I've been leading trouble around every corner.

"Kid, get out of the car!" I jumped and turned to face an open car door. Outside were two police officers standing impatiently waiting for me to get out of the car. I slid out of the seat and then was being lead into the police station.

   As we entered the building, my eyes scan the room to see some people sitting in chairs. Ahead was a counter with two woman running it. The police officers turned me down a hall to the left and down the corridor. That's when we arrive at the cells almost each of them we pass are filled with people dressed in orange.

   I was shoved into an empty cell then heard loud clang of the door shut echoing down the hall. The police left as I sat in a fatal position in the corner of the cell thinking.

   "Maybe it's best if I just stay here where I belong," I muttered to myself, "A monster locked in a cage."

   I hid my face in my lap and feel my head throb. Was there anything? Anything that could help me knowing that I'm better off rotting away in a jail for the rest of my life?

My body ached. My head throbbed. Everything in general just hurts. Tears burned my eyes as my hands shake. I clench my hands on my arms so they wouldn't reveal how weak I look.

"Hey kid," I looked up a little to see a officer but this time it was a woman and not a man.

"What?" I snapped glaring at her and trying to get rid of any evidence of almost crying.

"There is someone here that wants to talk with you," she said gently, unfazed by my attitude.

I peeked up looking like a deer in headlights. Did Kanan actually come back for me? Why would he come back?

The officer opened the door and gestured for me to follow. I got onto my feet and began to follow her down the corridor and into a room with giant cubbies. The police officer pointed to an empty one and so I walked over then sat on a stool.

On the side was an old looking phone and in front was a window. On the other side was the same thing set up. No kne was sitting on the other side on the stool...yet. I guess they use this to communicate with each other so no one gets hurt. I never seen this kind of thing in a police station before. Of course, it could also be that no one ever visited me unless picking me up.

I looked over my shoulder to see the police woman keeping a careful eye on me and some others. There was something familiar about her that I couldn't put my finger on.

I heard someone knocking the window behind me and assumed Kanan was sitting there. I turned to see who it was and my heart stopped.

"Hello boy, I saw you swing by my office earlier," the Inquisitor said grinning coldly.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁