3

I didn't think, I just ran for the door but wasn't fast enough. Kanan grabbed my shoulder and shoved me to the ground, sliding a couple of feet. He raised the gun and pointed it at me with his finger hovering over the trigger. Beads of sweat laced his forehead and he seemed unsure.

   I slowly sat up on my elbows and watched Kanan with fear of him pulling the trigger.

   "P-Please don't," I stuttered looking him in the eyes terrified. He just stayed the same still unsure on what to do.

   "N-o please, don't do this," I said and felt my eyes getting glassy. I had the courage to stand up slowly with him still pointing the gun at me. Then I ran around him and out the door, onto the porch and down the stairs. I took off into the forest until making it to the highway. Across the road was a gas station which meant that there was also help.

   I looked for cars then ran across the road to the building. My head jerked looking over my shoulder when a car pulled up into the parking lot. I stopped and fully turned around. The black car came to a halt and inside was the assassin, Kanan. He got out of the car  with his hands raised in surrender but I still backed up.

   "Hey, it's okay," he said trying to calm me. Kanan took his gun out and I backed up faster until getting cornered by a table. I thought he was going to shoot me but instead he de-armed the gun and set it back in the car. Kanan walked over to me carefully with arms still raised over his head.

   "Why does my idiotic parents always get me in this kind of stuff?" I muttered. Yet, there was still a want to go home that lingered inside of me. I could tell Kanan heard me even though he is still a distance away.

  "I know you want to go home but you can't," Kanan said surprising me.

   "Why can't I go home?" I snapped angrily. He can't tell me what to do! He can't control me like I'm his little toy!

   "There's nothing left for you there," he told me. I was utterly confused but rolled my eyes.

   "What do you mean?" I asked crossing my arms and glaring at him. I get that my parents weren't exactly my first choice of going back but they weren't my last either.

   "Your parents are dead, kid," Kanan said blankly.

   I wanted to deny it, I wanted to so desperately say that he was crazy and that all of this was some messed up dream. No, it's all real and Kanan was telling the truth. I can tell that he was because of my time in the streets.

   "H-how?" I said looking him in the eyes. He looked at me blankly but his eyes held guilt in them. I couldn't hold the lump in my throat anymore.

   I faced the cement below me and cried.

   Tears streamed down my face and I raised my hands to hide my face. I felt pathetic, not because I am crying in public, but for the way I've been talking about my parents. I've said some cruel stuff about them even though I didn't mean any of it.

   I looked up a little to see the murderer of my parents. Yet, why was he protecting me? I mean, yes he aimed a gun at my head after saying that he was going to kill me but didn't. Why didn't he kill me but my parents? After he had so many chances, he never killed but protected me.

   After I was down crying, Kanan went inside the gas station. I wiped my eyes and face to get rid of any evidence of tears.

   I headed over to a table with two seats but stopped to find a newspaper box. I opened the door on the box and grabbed a newspaper then sat at a table. I scanned the page until finding something that caught my eye. It was a picture of my house burning to ashes.

   I set the newspaper down on the table and stared at the table. My body slouched on the chair and my arms crossed protectively over me. I had to many thoughts and questions  in my head and everything lead up to a total mess. Nothing could click or come together like a puzzle. Everything didn't make any sense.

   Kanan walked over to me and set an armful of stuff on the table. "I didn't know what you liked so I just grabbed different things," he said but I didn't move.

   "I don't really hate my parents. I was just mad at...myself. After my mom died, my father married a total snobby, rich woman," I said randomly still dazed.

   "I know you didn't mean it and I'm sorry about your mother. I never knew my parents," he said. I looked up and slightly felt bad for the man. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't know my old folks.

   Kanan grabbed a clear, glass bottle filled with a brown liquid. He took the cap off of the bottle and began to drink the brown stuff.

Bang!

Kanan's bottle burst, sending glass and brown liquid all over. The glass window next to us had a small hole near where the bottle exploded.

"Get down!" He yelled tipping the table over and pulling me behind it. More gunfire was set off and aimed over at us. Soon, I felt myself being dragged again and the two of us were in the store.

"Keep your head down!" Kanan yelled as bolts flew by above my head. We ducked and ran through a room filled with tables and chairs. Then made it into what looked like a kitchen. "Watch out!" Kanan yelled pushing me to the side as a man with a gun came out of no where. He started to shoot the place up and put his full attention on Kanan.

I ran down a hall into what looked like a cellar. Shelves of old things collecting dust and cobwebs filled the small area. A couple feet away from me, there was a small window with sun pouring into the dusty area filled with junk.

   I ran over to the window and unlocked it. The window was to high for me to climb out of. So I slid a box over and stood on it then pushed the seal open. I pulled myself up and climbed through the opening.

   I glanced down to see how high I was from the ground. It was about six feet down from the ground. It didn't take me a second to jump down to the cement at the bottom with a not so graceful landing.

   I stood up on my feet and looked around then slowly began to walk in a direction keeping my guard up. That's when a different guy with a gun turns the corner and sees me.

  I gasped then started to sprint away with the sounds of a gun firing from behind. I ran back into the building the same way. I ran through the table and chair area before entering the kitchen once again. Kanan was still there and was checking out a gun.

   I saw the man that ambushed us in the kitchen laying on the floor so still.

   He was dead. My mind at to take a moment to realize it but not wanting to. The guy's gun was gone which meant that the gun Kanan had was his.

   "Come on. We need to get out of here before more come," Kanan told me. Then suddenly another firing started and being fired from down the hall.

   Kanan dragged me through the kitchen and out the back door. We ran towards the car and quickly got in before beginning to drive.

   The man that chased me earlier ran out in front of the car blankly and fired at the two of us. "Kanan," I yelled ducking my head and him doing the same. Bolts rained through the car's front window until stopping suddenly after crashing the car into something. I looked up and so did Kanan but he kept going.

   Curiosity ate away at me. What did we hit and why did he stop firing at us?

   I looked at the side mirror of the car to see something laying on the ground until disappearing out of the mirror's shot.

   My face paled and my breathe was caught in the middle of my throat. Kanan ran him over.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁