7

I straightened myself and glared at him through the window. I picked up the phone as did he.

   "What do you want baldy?" I snarked.

   "To have a little chat," he replied.

   "How fun," I sarcastically huffed.

   "I wouldn't think this would be to fun."

   "I said it, never thought it."

   The inquisitor rolled his eyes, "Tell me boy, what is your password and I might let your acquaintance go alive."

   "What are you talking about?" I asked on the edge. Who was this guy talking about? Was it Kanan? Was he going to kill him? Hurt him? Control?

   "You may know that I have authority over any...'troubled people'...but I've seemed to have lost one. My best one turned and betrayed me because of some little brat," he explained.

   'I'm wondering which side you and I should be on in these cubbies?' I thought. This guy is crazy and no one has stopped to see the cold, evil looking his eyes. What idiots.

   "If you do not turn over you password to your bank account by noon tomorrow then I'll send someone to 'take out the trash' for me," he said hanging up the phone. The man toothy grin was the last thing I see and the phone buzzing in my ear is all I could hear.

   He was going to kill Kanan. This is all my fault but maybe if I give him the password. I shoved the phone back on the receiver as the police woman runs over to me.

   "Calm down, you don't want to cause a ruckus," she said. I don't listen and shudder.

   I can't give the inquisitor the money but also can't get Kanan killed. What am I going to do? A shudder runs down my spine and I hug myself. I reach into my sweatshirt pocket to grab my stress ball but it isn't there.

   "Hey, calm down," the police officer said gently. I pull my hair and scratch my head. My breathing is very uneven that I feel like I'm going to pass out. Am I hyperventilating? Why do I feel sick? Why do I feel so tired?

   Everything around me spins.

   This is all my fault. I'm going to get him killed. I don't know my password. My parents were idiots but they were very smart. I do love them but they can just be a pain. At least...they used too. Now they're dead because of me and now Kanan might too.

   "Kid, you need to listen. Take a deep breath in and out," the woman says rubbing my arm to try and calm me. It was working too.

   "Look me in the eyes," she said lifting my chin to meet her eyes. I take a shaky breath in and out as my body shakes. I just now realized that my eyes were blurry with tears.

"Easy, there you go," the officer said giving me a smile. She had a very pretty smile.

I blink for a moment before now recognizing who the woman was.

"Um, ma'am?" I asked.

"Yeah hun?" She asked.

"By any chance, is your name Hera?" I asked making the woman's eyes widen.

   The officer dragged me down the hall until there was no one around. She looked at me and gave me a calm but serious look.

   "How do you know my name?" She asked. I bit my lower lip still unfocused and weary about everything that has happened. I wondered how she would react too. If I told her that I knew Kanan, how would she react?

"I-I-that guy told me," I stuttered a little to quickly. Hera didn't seem to take my word for granted but nodded none the less.

"Are you okay now, hun?" She asked me. I nodded even then I don't but came back to my original senses.