4

We have been on the road for a couple of hours and the whole time was absolute silence. I mean, what was there to say?

'Oh hey, so you're an assassin that so happened to of killed my parents and for some reason, protecting me from other assassins. Then taking me to random places all over, killing people, raiding places, and don't give me any darn clue of what is going on!'

Man, how does this guy sleep at night knowing what he has been doing. Not even my petty thieving would be able to top any of the stuff Kanan has seen or done.

The car stopped and the two of us left the car. We are at some kind of coastline somewhere in America. Don't ask me where in America though.

I followed Kanan down a dock to an old fishing boat with a man holding a bundle of rope.

"Hey Choppers," Kanan greeted and getting the sailor's attention. I felt so small in his presence but didn't show him any signs of it.

"Hello Kanan, what de ye have here?" Chopper spoke in a pirate like way and gestured to me.

"This is Ezra and we need you to take us the Britain," Kanan said. I looked over at the man shocked but he pretended that he didn't see me. We are going to a different country! Why does he not tell me these things?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I said backing away angrily, "You never said anything about leaving the country!"

"Kid, this is fo-" I stopped Kanan.

"Yeah, I heard it, 'for my own protection,' I mocked making the man mad. Good, he can be mad all he wants because I'm already ticked off!

I still continued, "I get that I supposedly need to be protected but I can handle myself!"

My voice began to get louder, "You have dragged me all around the place and never told me once why or who I need protection from!"

Once my rambling was done, I death glared at Kanan with cold eyes. He just stared back at me blankly.

"You're right," he said. My body froze. I wasn't expecting that response and waited for him to continue to explain.

"I know I haven't given you every little detail on what I'm doing but let's face the music for a minute. Would you have come or done anything I said if I told you what was happening?"

My mouth open but no words came out. I hate to admit this but he's right. I wouldn't of done anything if he told me everything about what's going on. To be totally honest, not even my full curious side wants to know most of it. Yet, a desire to get revenge burned inside of me but every chance I get, I hesitate.

Waiting, watching, needing to know, and then disaster strikes before my questions are answered. Or maybe they are being answered and I just don't realize it yet. Maybe that's why I'm still following him, to get answers and then figure out who really was up to all of this. In the back of my mind, I don't think Kanan is the real enemy, just a cover up. Someone's toy to pay for every kill they get.

There was more to this than what was getting out here and to get closer to the truth...

My eyes landed on Kanan's pistol that was revealed a little.

...I may have to learn.

   I looked up at the two men. "Let's go," I said those two words which would mean leaving the only home I ever knew. Or wherever my home was, it was no where near the ocean.

   "Climb aboard mates, the Phantom wouldn't sail ye self," Chopper said going to the wheel of the boat. Kanan and I got on board the old tug boat. Soon, we were off to Britain. I watched the land of America get smaller and smaller as we sailed father and father out to sea. The land disappeared and I was lead down to the lower deck.