2

Kanan turned into a parking garage filled with different sorts of cars. He soon parked near a median sized black car. We both exited the damaged vehicle and he walked over to the black car. Kanan opened the trunk which also opened another cover revealing a small space.

   "Get in," he told me and my eyes widen in fear. I slowly backed away shaking my head 'no.'

   Kanan sighed in irritation, "Why won't you get in? You can't sit in the front or you will be spotted when we cross the border."

   "Why? Who wants my head hanging on their wall?" I spat back angrily.

   This guy acts like he owns me. First, he takes me from the jail then people shoot at us and now this?! He keeps trying to avoid any sort of question I try asking him but somehow answers without giving any sort of information.

   "Do you not know that you are worth a pretty penny?" He asked.

   "What does that mean?" I asked confused.

   "It means that you have a high price hanging on your shoulders," Kanan told me.

   I looked down taking in the new information. "I barely have any money unless..." I paused thinking that it might be a mistake.

   "No, I don't have any money. My idiotic dad would never give up the money to me," I confirmed crossing my arms.

   "Sure, not on you but have you checked your bank account?" He asked.

   "I didn't even know I had one," I admitted, "and what does this have to do with me getting into a trunk?"

   "Look," he said sternly, "there are people out there that will do anything to kill you and you're wasting our time by staling. So why won't you get into the trunk?"

   "One, I just met you like an hour ago and so far it seems like you're kidnapping me. Secondly, I'm claustrophobic. Lastly, why would you care?" I said glaring at him. Then looking at the ground and scuffling my foot on the cement.

"One, I'm trying to protect you cause we can't have anyone seeing you. Secondly, maybe there is a way to get you in the trunk. Lastly, it's a personal reason," he listed.

   "Well...maybe if you talk to me then it might help. It has before," I huffed in defeat, seeing as I had no other choice in this. I could see he was telling me the truth and desperation in his voice was clear as day.

   "Fine, get in," Kanan told me and I did.

   Before he closed it, I asked, "Will you let me out right when we get there?"

   "Sure, kid," he said then closed the trunk. Suddenly, darkness surrounded me and everything was closing in. The only light was coming in the small space was between two seats. I peeked through it and saw Kanan getting into the driver's seat. My breathing was getting heavy and everything was dizzy.

The car lurched making me flinch. We began to move as I felt the vibrations of the car under me.

I reached into my sweat shirt pocket and grabbed my stress ball. I rapidly started to squeeze it finding it calming. I took deep breaths to calm myself then said, "Talk to me."

It took a couple seconds before he asked, "How did you end up in the cell?"

"I was stealing some fruit and water bottles," I answered.

"Why were you doing that?" He asked confused.

"Cause I was hungry and thirsty," I said rolling my eyes.